• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Not really a rant.... well, okay maybe it is.

With cryogenics today, is there really any reason to not drag out the funeral for a couple of months (or more) - especially for “the rich & famous”?

Might be it’s just because I’m tired of hearing about them, but....

They are just now having the eight hour long funeral service today for Aretha Franklin. (She died two weeks ago).

McCain’s burial will be Sunday - a full week after he died.

And it’s not like these deaths came as a surprise. Both were expected, presumably with funeral arrangements already in place.

I don’t recall this kind of thing happening when I was a kid. Even President Kennedy - one of the most elaborate funerals I can recall, as a kid - was buried only three days after his death. His brother, Robert was buried just two days after his death.

What has changed?
    Gun Zone Deals

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    My experience along these lines of late involves more & more often, cremation. Delaying or stringing out over a greater time span, the memorialization process.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    FWIW, my little brother (age 48) passed away from prostate cancer on July 14th. I'll be flying out to CA on Sept 7th for the memorial. He was cremated, so... it's not really a time factor.. but I gotta be honest.. this has been one sh*tty summer for the family... it will be good to close out this chapter..... FINALLY. I really think that having a memorial quickly is the way to go. YFMV.

Top Bottom