1643266028420.png
    Capitol Armory ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I did because it was eat it or get a whooping from my dad....
    My parents were cool in if you didn’t like what was being served there was always peanut butter sammichs.

My dad was really pretty simple when it came to meals, but I seen him make my mom & grandmother cry both once over food he wouldn’t eat.

I’m pretty critical of my own cooking. The wife will tell you she backed off trying to cook when it went straight to the dog.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    My parents were cool in if you didn’t like what was being served there was always peanut butter sammichs.

My dad was really pretty simple when it came to meals, but I seen him make my mom & grandmother cry both once over food he wouldn’t eat.

I’m pretty critical of my own cooking. The wife will tell you she backed off trying to cook when it went straight to the dog.
    My dad was super strict! If he was in town no one ate til he got home and you better eat what was served.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Why do y'all call it "head cheese"? It's not cheese. It's meat aspic.
    FWIW, Ethinitza is neither a Czech word, nor a German one. Czechs (and Slovaks) call it "tlačenka" while the Germans prefer "Sülze".
    (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_cheese)
    So I wonder where the "Ethinitza" came from. I'd be curious to know the story behind that. Sounds like it might have originated in some obscure language.
    No idea!!! That's just what it's called around these 5 counties in Texas. If the word pops up as part of a conversation in a group of folks, eyes get wide and smiles appear......that is except for people like me who hate the stuff. Ethinitza could very well be a drunken slang for the product. These folks do love their Pivo Zima.

Top Bottom