Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Wikipedia is wrong about that. Maybe not 10k but there are more than 350 in san antonio.
    You should enter that on the Wikipedia abcde talk page. Someone might actually find new sources and correct the page. Or, if you know of sources, you could fix the page yourself.

BTW, I think I've found the source of the difference between your experience and Wikipedia, which quotes Vocativ as a source. The Vocativ author used Social Security Administration records. According to the SSA, from 1986 through 2017, the number of people in the U.S. given the name Abcde has been:

5 in 1986, through
    6 in 2017, which totals 349.

HOWEVER, these numbers come from an SSA file titled: National Data on the relative frequency of given names in the population of U.S. births where the individual has a Social Security Number.

I think the "where the individual has a Social Security Number" part is revelatory.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    This makes me laugh. I tried to teach two of my Grandchildren to drive my 5 Speed Manual RAM 2500. It has a very forgiving Clutch and should have made the process simple since they are both licensed drivers with over 6 years experience. I gave up on my 22 y.o. Granddaughter in fear for my life and on my 24 y.o. Grandson in fear for my truck.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can drive stick, but my 30 year old fractured knee doesn’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Made me laugh cause it had to many gears for the vehicle it was on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually no, but Reverse on a modern 6 speed Jeep is opposite
    f698a71d726c8a8b4a21230581eaf9f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

Last edited:

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Ride for what? I am genuinely curious, not sure what the problem would be.
    Smart Ass answers...... Left eagle snack food plant after delivering potatoes. They were just piled on the trailer floor. you back in and drop the trailer, they tilt trailer up and basically flush the taters out. I got on to I-5 headed back to LA, the trailer was still dripping a little and I got stopped by CHP at 0300 on a Saturday night and he had no sense of humor. after much chest puffing and not so veiled threats. I convinced him to call regular DOT guy from the Grape vine scale house. The inspector went over the truck, and found nothing. the original trooper kept complaining about the water leak. the inspector wasted another 30 min. showing the idiot how a reefer works and functions.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    You should enter that on the Wikipedia abcde talk page. Someone might actually find new sources and correct the page. Or, if you know of sources, you could fix the page yourself.

BTW, I think I've found the source of the difference between your experience and Wikipedia, which quotes Vocativ as a source. The Vocativ author used Social Security Administration records. According to the SSA, from 1986 through 2017, the number of people in the U.S. given the name Abcde has been:

5 in 1986, through
    6 in 2017, which totals 349.

HOWEVER, these numbers come from an SSA file titled: National Data on the relative frequency of given names in the population of U.S. births where the individual has a Social Security Number.

I think the "where the individual has a Social Security Number" part is revelatory.
    Exactly. Many people I saw did not have a SS card.

Top Bottom