Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I might have accidentally tipped a bike over that was parked like that.
    I know I've dialed the non-emergency number for the local Constable. I've done it many times.

One time I called in a truck in the handicapped space without plates, hang tag, or installed equipment. After I called it in, a Smart car parked in the ramp space. A minute later, the Constable pulled up, blocked in both vehicles, and wrote two tickets in one trip. He seemed happy about that.

In fact, I've noticed that response time on those calls is usually under 5 minutes. They seem to like those straightforward, high-dollar tickets for some reason. :)

ETA - The truck in the story above was working on the interior of a new strip mall store being finished out directly in front of the handicapped spaces. After a couple of tickets, the workers went out front with a saw, cut down the poles upon which the handicapped space signs were posted, and took them inside. That's how I learned that the paint on the pavement means nothing. Without the signs, the Constables would write no more tickets and they would do nothing about the signs being cut down without a complaint from the property owner. The property owner, of course, wanted the store installed and didn't care. I learned an interesting lesson from that.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    47218699_1158193084342758_8349632292775264256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    French government: yeah we're gonna need you to pay more taxes for all that "free" stuff we're giving you. French people:

View attachment 155862

Not really what’s going on with the riots over there.

Globalist president says “we are gonna tax the **** out of gas to save the world from global warming”

Rural citizens: “**** you”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I know I've dialed the non-emergency number for the local Constable. I've done it many times.

One time I called in a truck in the handicapped space without plates, hang tag, or installed equipment. After I called it in, a Smart car parked in the ramp space. A minute later, the Constable pulled up, blocked in both vehicles, and wrote two tickets in one trip. He seemed happy about that.

In fact, I've noticed that response time on those calls is usually under 5 minutes. They seem to like those straightforward, high-dollar tickets for some reason. :)

ETA - The truck in the story above was working on the interior of a new strip mall store being finished out directly in front of the handicapped spaces. After a couple of tickets, the workers went out front with a saw, cut down the poles upon which the handicapped space signs were posted, and took them inside. That's how I learned that the paint on the pavement means nothing. Without the signs, the Constables would write no more tickets and they would do nothing about the signs being cut down without a complaint from the property owner. The property owner, of course, wanted the store installed and didn't care. I learned an interesting lesson from that.

It's too bad the tickets are so cheap here. Up in Oregon they run $500 a pop and the paint is enough.

Top Bottom