Gonzales, Texas
    4943c5079e295f641ff180a460113fa1.jpg
    I don't think that she can help them.
    Lynx Defense

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013

Eh, it's not that hard to do. I've had to do investigations searching through terabytes of emails, probably a few million. Took under half the time the FBI did searching a fraction of this. A couple of decent computers, grep and knowledge of regular expressions makes it an easy task.

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Hadoop and Lucene. Search all you want. But for 650k emails, you could just use Lucene. Heck just point a Solr instance at it and be done by lunch.

I use Elasticsearch for searching logs, which is Lucene based. Work insists on paying for stuff so we have a huge Splink license too. Our High Performance guys are doing a Hadoop/ELK project to do some statisticical and behavioral analysis but sometime simple is best and grep is tour friend. It also helps to have one of the fastest computers in the world at your disposal.

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    I use Elasticsearch for searching logs, which is Lucene based. Work insists on paying for stuff so we have a huge Splink license too. Our High Performance guys are doing a Hadoop/ELK project to do some statisticical and behavioral analysis but sometime simple is best and grep is tour friend. It also helps to have one of the fastest computers in the world at your disposal.

Hadoop, Lucene, Solr, Splink. -all perfectly cromulent words.

They embiggen the smallest man.

Reminds me of O'Reilly's end of program, Word for the Day segment. Had to go to the online dictionary to understand just the meaning of the words.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Here's to hoping Miss Lizette gets her justly earned "visit" by the men in black!

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

Top Bottom