• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo

I bought brake pads to do the front of my F150 yesterday @ Oreilys.

I had to go back to get the right pads. For real.

When I returned the first set they sold me, the pads were still in their little shrink wrap (I saw immediately when I opened the box that they were DRASTICALLY different than the ones I was taking off)- the box was open, but the pads were still in plastic.

Counter lady, "If you installed these, we cannot take them back."
    Guns International

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    One more then back to work.

ca9b3f426ad491319c9c4659f79d1152.jpg
    At Christmas one year, my sister gave me two new shirts and said "You need some shirts that are NOT from a thrift shop."

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    And how often is that backup line run in the same trench...
    What Doug said. Our redundant vpn fiber connections are not anywhere remotely close to each other geographically, unless you generalized it as in the US.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What Doug said. Our redundant vpn fiber connections are not anywhere remotely close to each other geographically, unless you generalized it as in the US.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    We all know what they are supposed to be. But I have seen cases where that did not happen.

How many times have you seen critical backup servers on the same electrical circuit side by side in the same room?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    We all know what they are supposed to be. But I have seen cases where that did not happen.

How many times have you seen critical backup servers on the same electrical circuit side by side in the same room?
    Never in my data centers. Data circuits came from different POP's. Typically entered different ends/sides of the building. Back in the late 80's or early 90's Sprint Telecommunications learned a valuable lesson as it relates to redundant POP's when they had a flood, I believe it was in Fairfax, VA. Whut'a mess that was - for them!

ETA: If it was "supposed to" and it wasn't - bet'cha that didn't happen but once! Easy enough to test for redundancy under controlled conditions!

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    Never in my data centers. Data circuits came from different POP's. Typically entered different ends/sides of the building. Back in the late 80's or early 90's Sprint Telecommunications learned a valuable lesson as it relates to redundant POP's when they had a flood, I believe it was in Fairfax, VA. Whut'a mess that was - for them!

ETA: If it was "supposed to" and it wasn't - bet'cha that didn't happen but once! Easy enough to test for redundancy under controlled conditions!
    Classic was the nuclear reactor in GA where a worker knocked over a CANDLE in the 5 way redundant cable run and put the whole reactor out of service.

Top Bottom