__c6b267a9282079775e603024a21311c6_width-600.jpeg
    Target Sports

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    When I was in Germany in mid-80s, you could get ticketed for warming up you car for more than a minute. Some intersections in the larger cities had lights that let you know you would be there more than a minute so you could turn your engine and let you know in time to start your engine in time to drive when the lights changed.

TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown
    When I was in Germany in mid-80s, you could get ticketed for warming up you car for more than a minute. Some intersections in the larger cities had lights that let you know you would be there more than a minute so you could turn your engine and let you know in time to start your engine in time to drive when the lights changed.
    So, we can thank the Germans for the stupid stop/start systems we have today.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    What start/stop system are you talking about?
    Hey Charlie,

On newer vehicles.............

Ya come to a red light..........the motor cuts out!

A wonderful arrangement for HEAVY TRAFFIC in the SUMMER TIME! (if motor don't run, neither does the fool A/C)

The YUPPY SCUM that come up with these COCKAMAMIE IDEAS......should confine their SLIMY YUPPY SELVES to being under the boss' YUPPY DESK where they belong....

Should never be permitted to design VEHICLES that MEN will DRIVE!

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Hey Charlie,

On newer vehicles.............

Ya come to a red light..........the motor cuts out!

A wonderful arrangement for HEAVY TRAFFIC in the SUMMER TIME! (if motor don't run, neither does the fool A/C)

The YUPPY SCUM that come up with these COCKAMAMIE IDEAS......should confine their SLIMY YUPPY SELVES to being under the boss' YUPPY DESK where they belong....

Should never be permitted to design VEHICLES that MEN will DRIVE!
    Just imagine all the wear and tear on the starters and how much more complex the control systems have to be.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    What? Could possibly go wrong?

View attachment 290963
    I know your messing around but it does open up many possibilities. The computer has to know the state the car is in, moving, not moving, brake on, brake off, throttle position, etc. And then when it starts up automatically it starts with the transmission in gear, so if any one sensor is faulty that could cause problems. Let's say just as the car is about to start the driver presses the gas pedal unintentionally, what happens? I'm just saying because I worked on cars for a long time and the fail safe things they come up with sometimes cause other problems. For example, the traction control on my Trailblazer caused me to have to call a tow truck to tow me out when I got stuck in some sand. I was starting t get out but every time the wheels would start spinning the TC would shut it down.

Top Bottom