1644256962574.png
    Gun Zone Deals

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Worked with a guy who raved about a restaurant in Austin that he went to when he was at UT. So, the next time we went to Austin, we went there. Now, while I am neither a connoisseur nor even an aficionado of Mexican food, but even I know one does not make nachos with spray on cheese! And the meal went downhill from there.

While he was normally a pretty smart guy, I could not figure why he was crazy about the place but the "theory of 23 beers" might explain it. However, I am not willing to test the theory so if anyone else tries this, please let us know - in the interest of science, of course.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am neither a connoisseur nor even an aficionado of Mexican food, even I know one does not make nachos with spray on cheese!
    I've told this one before so I'll be brief. My sister's mother-in-law once left after a visit and she was in a bad mood. One of the insults she paid to Texas as she was leaving was, approximately, "I can't wait till I get back to Ohio where I can get REAL Mexican food from Taco Bell!"

:)

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    I've told this one before so I'll be brief. My sister's mother-in-law once left after a visit and she was in a bad mood. One of the insults she paid to Texas as she was leaving was, approximately, "I can't wait till I get back to Ohio where I can get REAL Mexican food from Taco Bell!"

:)
    Wait Taco Bell isn't real Mexican food?!?! :roflsmile:

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    LOL what I find funny is that of all the fast food restaurants that could be used in the 1993 film Demolition Man, Taco Bell was chosen and it was considered the prime food establishment. I knew people that had never eaten there before that film came out, but because the film sensationalized the chain, they had to eat there. Oop's I said "people" when I should have said "sheeple".

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I love good, authentic Mexican food. I also like Taco Bell. I do not, however, consider them to be the same genre of food!

I usually judge a Mexican restaurant by their cheese enchiladas. If that offering is off-the-mark, I usually don't return to explore their cuisine any further.
    Tamales! If the tamales ain't good.........nothin' else can be...

Chili Relano....that's another one...

Top Bottom