C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    View attachment 128836

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The father of one of my son’s girlfriends transferred from a Major Medical Center to our ICU with one of these (Ilizarov Apparatus) Russian Traction Systems. It’s used when sections of bone are missing and holds remaining sections of bone in close proximity so that new bone will grow back in between them. It took many months but it really worked. This guy had blasted a portion of one his femurs out of his thigh by trying to pull a loaded semi-automatic .30-06 out of his pickup truck THREE TIMES! Alcohol was also a factor......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The father of one of my son’s girlfriends transferred from a Major Medical Center to our ICU with one of these (Ilizarov Apparatus) Russian Traction Systems. It’s used when sections of bone are missing and holds remaining sections of bone in close proximity so that new bone will grow back in between them. It took many months but it really worked. This guy had blasted a portion of one his femurs out of his thigh by trying to pull a loaded semi-automatic .30-06 out of his pickup truck THREE TIMES! Alcohol was also a factor......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw something similar a Shriner's Hospital in Houston in the 70's. The child had, had an Anderson leg lengthening procedure to correct a leg that was much shorter than the other. The tibia was broken and the external appliance was gradually lengthened until the leg reached the desired length. The leg was essentially re-broken over and over during the course of the treatment but it didn't seem to cause her much discomfort.

Top Bottom