Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Deep Ellum Dallas
    Back before it was fashionable, I had a lot of fun there. There used to be an "adult" guidebook that was hq'd there and I spent many happy hours at the publisher's house, usually with multiple photo shoots going on simultaneously.

Then there was the time an "actress" pulled me into the bedroom and wanted me to critique her latest film with her. Ask me about it at the next family reunion; I can't do the story justice in print.

Sorry to see that a man with a purse is now emblematic of that neighborhood. They were around back in the day, but not noticeably common.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's sad when my wife points out the fag holding his wife's purse
    It's hopeful when you point out it's a man with his wife. I was thinking otherwise.

After all, for a man to assist his wife by holding her purse is, on a case by case basis, acceptable. She shouldn't ask and he should, by virtue of his behavior during their courtship and marriage, ensure that the thought never crosses her mind. Rarely, however, emergencies can arise and a man will adapt to temporary circumstances.

"Rarely" and "temporary" are the key words in the previous sentence.

Ben -- who used to carry off-body, using a "fag bag"

Mac7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    South of Dallas
    It's hopeful when you point out it's a man with his wife. I was thinking otherwise.

After all, for a man to assist his wife by holding her purse is, on a case by case basis, acceptable. She shouldn't ask and he should, by virtue of his behavior during their courtship and marriage, ensure that the thought never crosses her mind. Rarely, however, emergencies can arise and a man will adapt to temporary circumstances.

"Rarely" and "temporary" are the key words in the previous sentence.

Ben -- who used to carry off-body, using a "fag bag"

Agree with this, mainly because I’ve carried my wife’s purse while she was busy for a short time. Out of my care for her. If carrying her purse for a minute or two helps her after all she does for me, I’ll do it. I love my wife, I’ve got it good.
    That all being said, we’ve been married for 14 years and it’s prolly not happened but 3 or 4 times. And I carry it like a grocery bag so if someone gets smart I can use it as a weapon. That thing is heavy!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Agree with this, mainly because I’ve carried my wife’s purse while she was busy for a short time. Out of my care for her. If carrying her purse for a minute or two helps her after all she does for me, I’ll do it. I love my wife, I’ve got it good.
    That all being said, we’ve been married for 14 years and it’s prolly not happened but 3 or 4 times. And I carry it like a grocery bag so if someone gets smart I can use it as a weapon. That thing is heavy!
    If my wife needs to be free of her purse for some reason, I'll hold it for her. I'm not insecure enough to worry about what people think.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I agree also, not an issue in limited amounts as needed.

It's not THAT he is holding her purse, it's HOW he is holding it. Sure makes it look like it may be there permanently.

Top Bottom