Gun Zone Deals

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    9mm preferred so I will actually shoot it. 45 aarp is acceptable but it will get shot like 2-3 times a year. I really dont want to stock another pistol caliber
    Have you considered the American Classic Commander offerings, by any chance? Great choice for a basic, reliable pistol.

I'll PM you in AM

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Hey GZ,

I usually shoot Revolver first. Either in the morning session, or preferably? The day before....

Revolver = count to six.

Auto....count to 9 then to 10 (am using Wilson 10rd mags at the Steel Matches)....

I show the good with the bad....I failed to insert the magazine correctly/fully....still wound up with like a 28 second time for the Stage...

Managed a Match Time of 204 seconds...Think? There were 175 or 182? total targets this year?

The PSA SHOOTOUT is the MOST FUN Match a feller can attend!

700+ of the very best shooters in the Nation!

Later, Mark

I hope you didn't take my comment as criticism - that was some damn fine shooting. When you fumbled the mag I said "oh no" and I could tell it threw you off. But still very impressive and fast as shit through a Goose.

goose.jpg

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I hope you didn't take my comment as criticism - that was some damn fine shooting. When you fumbled the mag I said "oh no" and I could tell it threw you off. But still very impressive and fast as shit through a Goose.

View attachment 401636
    Hey GZ,

I can take a laugh! (you've seen my youtube channel...laugh a minute!)

I post the vids without editing (#1 cuz I'm a confuzer ignoramus, #2...for TRAINING....Folks say "I didn't do that." well...I got the vids....At the level I play? every tenth/hundredth of a second means something)...

I think the vids are an invaluable training aid....I need to start dry fire practice for October's Match.....

Will say...if you want to improve your shooting. With minimal time/ammo expenditure (blame fake primer "shortage/krapola")....?

Practice your draw/1st shot. & your RELOADS (as evidenced in the vid...I practiced the REVOLVER RELOAD...did not do so well with the 1911 reload.....) LOL

The first month or so? DO NOT USE A TIMER!

Then? Time 6 first shots. Average them. From the holster you would like to have 1.2 to 1.4 seconds on your first shot.

Do not use a timer again for about six weeks. Then use a timer to average 6 first shots...Hopefully you will have "lost"/sped up by a tenth of a second..(or more)...

Then? "Shrink" your target. From lower "A" zone to upper "A" zone...Or? From 9" paper plate to 5" paper plate to PLAYING CARD! (will take about 2,000 to 3,000 "draw strokes"/first shots to get to the playing card at speed)

You want your reload to be less than three seconds....

Hint. WATCH WHAT THE HECK YOU'RE DOING! (not look at the iron as I was doing in the vid!) LOL

FOCUS on the task at hand....

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    LOL I've always reloaded semiauto pistols without looking - from the time I was a teenager. It's an ingrained habit now.
    When I shot mostly 1911? I did too...

Then? I got bit real hard with the revolver bug....to the point where I shoot about twice as much revolver....

I do not practice as much 1911 as I should (blame fake as pock primer shortage).......so I NEED to pay mind to what I'm doing...

In a purely "tacticool"/low light scenario? If? One only uses one auto? (preferably a double stack...that allows lots of room for error) One should load by "feel"....(about 2/3 of a second slower)....

In this vid, taken at Monroeville, the Stage was similar(fireman targets) as the afore shown...

You will see 11 aimed shots (all hits), two reloads...in thirteen seconds (we were just learning how to use the camera)

Top Bottom