• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    There is another pic of the three of them on the set of Conan where Wilt and Andre are holding Arnold off the ground between them

Yeah, I've got that one on my phone...

andre-the-giant-wilt-chamberlain-arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

Comes in handy when Andre the Giant is the subject of conversation.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Comes in handy when Andre the Giant is the subject of conversation.
    I've read that he had severe back problems. Apparently he had to have extra supports, like wires to handle the load, during the filming of The Princess Bride in the scene where he had to catch Robin Wright. Reportedly a sudden jolt like that was too painful for him to withstand, which was why that shot was in slo-mo and somewhat blurred/dreamy visually.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've read that he had severe back problems. Apparently he had to have extra supports, like wires to handle the load, during the filming of The Princess Bride in the scene where he had to catch Robin Wright. Reportedly a sudden jolt like that was too painful for him to withstand, which was why that shot was in slo-mo and somewhat blurred/dreamy visually.

I wouldn't be surprised. He drank a lot, and I've read that a lot of it was to take the edge off the pain he was in. I've also read he was one of the kindest people you could meet.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wouldn't be surprised. He drank a lot, and I've read that a lot of it was to take the edge off the pain he was in. I've also read he was one of the kindest people you could meet.
    Robin Wright likes to tell the story about how she was freezing on set. Andre asked her permission then covered the entire top of her head with his palm. Since we lose so much body heat from the head, this act, she says, was enough to keep her warm and comfortable. Apparently he was willing to do this whenever needed and keep it up for as long as needed, without any regard for his own comfort.

I've never seen an interview with anyone who worked with him where the interviewee didn't make a point about Andre the Giant being as kind a human being as it was possible to be.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Robin Wright likes to tell the story about how she was freezing on set. Andre asked her permission then covered the entire top of her head with his palm. Since we lose so much body heat from the head, this act, she says, was enough to keep her warm and comfortable. Apparently he was willing to do this whenever needed and keep it up for as long as needed, without any regard for his own comfort.

I've never seen an interview with anyone who worked with him where the interviewee didn't make a point about Andre the Giant being as kind a human being as it was possible to be.

Top Bottom