• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Anyone know if they are actually having the 1500yrd qualification shoot in Mesquite? Anyone from TGT taking the class on the 2nd of May?
    Venture Surplus ad

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Don't know. I haven't been there in a while. Every time I think about going, it rains, and I remember they used to close if it rained heavy. Call them and see. They always called me back quickly.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    This is right down the road from me... I was looking into joining, what are your thoughts about the range?? Would you guys recommend?

kakpataka

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    DFW Lewisville-Coppell
    This is right down the road from me... I was looking into joining, what are your thoughts about the range?? Would you guys recommend?
    I just visited there website.
    I think it is best to go pay a visit. It does nt seem all that fancy but they will add the shoot house!
    I was considering TDSA but that's hella far and is also way basic ,at least apparently.
    Maybe we can visit in a group and ask for a discount! I 'd join Fusion just because of the shoot house!

Last edited:

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    It's kinda like a big pasture with a couple of berms that are dirt and used tire combo. Big industrial wood spools for rifle benches. Smaller spools on wooden pallets for chairs. They also have a big military surplus tent as a first aid station.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    I have several reviews on my blog if you want pics, but 'big pasture' is a pretty reasonable description. I've been a member since they opened and the range setup is constantly in flux. There are currently three practice areas with dirt/tire berms. The first area is for pistol/rifle w/rifle out to 300 yards. The other two are pretty much wide open, but rifle is limited to 100 yards. Fusion's philosophy is to keep the range wide open with limited structure so that people can setup practice areas dynamically to suit their needs.

Historically, the range's biggest issue has been rain. It is adjacent to Cousin's Paintball, so you must drive well around the paintball range to reach Fusion. The current path has one area that is underneath a clump of trees. Once it gets wet, it takes a long time to dry. That makes access a problem.

Fusion has plans to fill that area and most of the remainder of the path with gravel. With all the bad weather so far this year, it has not been possible to get the heavy equipment in to place the gravel.

The range is truly wide open. I've seen full auto, 50BMG's, and I practice shooting from within my vehicle whenever I can get a dedicated practice area.

For the price, it's a pretty good deal, but realize that until the access issues are fully worked out, you will have trouble using the range for a few months out of the year.

The shoot house has been talked about for a long time. The last time I was on the range - about 3 weeks ago - it was not built.

I typically practice during the week in the mid or late afternoon. If anyone wants to arrange a time (weather permitting), you are welcome to go out with me as a guest to try it out for yourself.

Or, perhaps we should arrange another TGT event there?

I hope this helps.

regards,

- jim armstrong

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Great idea for a group meet Jim. I'm in. I have also been a member there for over 2 years now. The range officers are a great group of folks. And to me that makes all the difference in the world! Where can I find your blog?

Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    Michael - it's in my sig. http://txgunshowreview.com

I fully agree about the RSO's. We had a group shoot out there last May, but rain turned out to be a real problem. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking with other TGT members, especially Leper - super cool and he has quite the firearm collection :)

regards,

- jim

kakpataka

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    DFW Lewisville-Coppell
    I have several reviews on my blog if you want pics, but 'big pasture' is a pretty reasonable description. I've been a member since they opened and the range setup is constantly in flux. There are currently three practice areas with dirt/tire berms. The first area is for pistol/rifle w/rifle out to 300 yards. The other two are pretty much wide open, but rifle is limited to 100 yards. Fusion's philosophy is to keep the range wide open with limited structure so that people can setup practice areas dynamically to suit their needs.

Historically, the range's biggest issue has been rain. It is adjacent to Cousin's Paintball, so you must drive well around the paintball range to reach Fusion. The current path has one area that is underneath a clump of trees. Once it gets wet, it takes a long time to dry. That makes access a problem.

Fusion has plans to fill that area and most of the remainder of the path with gravel. With all the bad weather so far this year, it has not been possible to get the heavy equipment in to place the gravel.

The range is truly wide open. I've seen full auto, 50BMG's, and I practice shooting from within my vehicle whenever I can get a dedicated practice area.

For the price, it's a pretty good deal, but realize that until the access issues are fully worked out, you will have trouble using the range for a few months out of the year.

The shoot house has been talked about for a long time. The last time I was on the range - about 3 weeks ago - it was not built.

I typically practice during the week in the mid or late afternoon. If anyone wants to arrange a time (weather permitting), you are welcome to go out with me as a guest to try it out for yourself.

Or, perhaps we should arrange another TGT event there?

I hope this helps.

regards,

- jim armstrong
    Great idea. Maybe we can meet up there. If a few folks here that are members there can bring us along as guest to check it out!
    I am in Coppell so it is a bit of a travel but better that TDSA!

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Will do. I seen the video they posted on YouTube with the flooding there. It may take another week at least. That's a lot water! I've got a Yugo milled underfolder that I need to shoot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    Range update from Monday. I had to get entry into the gate and self-RSO, but I've done that before. Another member came by just as I was leaving. However, the gate lock malfunctioned so we were locked in. Had to get the paintball manager to let us out the paintball entrance. That was an adventure :)

The range itself is in good shape, however, many of the nicer rifle stands were washed away and will have to be rebuilt. The alternate path to the range is being used until they can clear a fallen tree and restore the more direct route ... weather permitting :)

regards,

- jim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2015
    Just my $.02. I joined back during their late development stages. I signed up at the Mesquite Gun Show before I had a chance to see the range. When I went out a checked it out, I wasn't very impressed, and asked for a refund. I called a dozen times, and no one would return my calls. I guess they needed the measly $100 more than I did. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go out there. I've never spoken negatively about a range, barring this complaint...but, buyer beware. YMMV.

TeXJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Princeton, TX
    Just my $.02. I joined back during their late development stages. I signed up at the Mesquite Gun Show before I had a chance to see the range. When I went out a checked it out, I wasn't very impressed, and asked for a refund. I called a dozen times, and no one would return my calls. I guess they needed the measly $100 more than I did. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go out there. I've never spoken negatively about a range, barring this complaint...but, buyer beware. YMMV.

What was it that you were not impressed with?

Top Bottom