• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I believe that after Abbott is elected governor of Texas, one of his goals is to pass open carry for CHL holders. I like most others will choose most of my carry concealed. I am wondering how this is going to be addressed in our vehicles. I am assuming that there will no longer be failure to conceal charges when our handguns are visible in our vehicles. Thoughts???
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hope it works out that way.

Hard to keep it secure, concealed, and accessible.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The Governor is the Executive branch and does not pass laws. His only control is to sign a bill presented to him. He can do nothing unless the Legislature does their job. ;)

You won't see open carry even make it to the Governor's desk in 2015.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Here in WI constitutional open carry was around way before licensed concealed carry was offered.

The standard for carrying in the car, without a license, is the weapon must be visible by normal observation, from outside the car. Most think that's on the front dash. :popcorn:

I believe, given the chance, the House and Senate will hand Abbott open carry as feather in his cap at their first politically correct opportunity.

It's a sad state to see gun owners divided (polarized) and worse embarrassed about the OC issue. If more Texas gun owners spoke in favor of OC without being embarrassed to be linked with the photo of the Chipotle duo (who did nothing legally wrong) Texas would have it in 2015 easy.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    The problem with open carry is too many cowards, not enough Americans. This is one area where Texas disgusts me. If Arkansas...ARKANSAS...can handle open carry...

hwarang54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2014
    I've said it once, I've said it a million times, I don't care how you carry as long as you do so legally.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I've said it once, I've said it a million times, I don't care how you carry as long as you do so legally.

And responsibly. I don't think we will get open carry this year. Any chance we had was wasted by bad publicity that will be aired over and over and over and over... Hope I'm wrong though.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    The Governor is the Executive branch and does not pass laws. His only control is to sign a bill presented to him. He can do nothing unless the Legislature does their job. ;)

You won't see open carry even make it to the Governor's desk in 2015.

I disagree. I feel that a lot of representatives of both branches want it but have not been willing to push it through. They need to make the Governor happy if they want his signature on other bills and his push for open carry puts it on his shoulders.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Whatever happens, the legislation better make it onerous to ban guns, on publicly accessible property.

Cuz If you got places like whataburger issuing internal policy banning guns in their stores. We may end up being able to carry in far fewer locations...

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Simple.

Any, and I mean any, business that bans guns is responsible for the safety and security of all customers. If the customer isn't allowed to protect themselves, then the business must. A couple of lawsuits after robberies in and around such places and the problem should solve itself.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The bill in prior session just removed the requirement to conceal.

I'd at least like to see separate signage.

Then jokingly.
    Then a permitting process with fees that offset the cost of the regulation and pay for the chl or weapons permitting for carriers of a CHl or WP. The permitting process would involve passing a class, a submittal process that takes at least 8 weeks, display of permit allowing the ban, and a renewal tax.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'd at least like to see separate signage.

Then jokingly.
    Then a permitting process with fees that offset the cost of the regulation and pay for the chl or weapons permitting for carriers of a CHl or WP. The permitting process would involve passing a class, a submittal process that takes at least 8 weeks, display of permit allowing the ban, and a renewal tax.

There was also a 30.07 sign.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I disagree. I feel that a lot of representatives of both branches want it but have not been willing to push it through. They need to make the Governor happy if they want his signature on other bills and his push for open carry puts it on his shoulders.

This is true in theory but the governor must make it clear that this is a priority for him. If so, then the legislative branches will use it as a tool to get something that they want from him, like more spending.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Betcha a dollar no open carry bill makes it to governors desk in 2015. ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Whatever happens, the legislation better make it onerous to ban guns, on publicly accessible property.

Cuz If you got places like whataburger issuing internal policy banning guns in their stores. We may end up being able to carry in far fewer locations...

There is less chance of that than open carry. And it shouldn't happen.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Simple.

Any, and I mean any, business that bans guns is responsible for the safety and security of all customers. If the customer isn't allowed to protect themselves, then the business must. A couple of lawsuits after robberies in and around such places and the problem should solve itself.

That fails in commom civil law. No company has any policy that prohibits from protecting themselves. You can avoid places that won't let you carry, as well

Never happen, nor should it

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Hang up your badge and go shopping unarmed sometime, son...see how it feels...

To whom are you writing, Pops?

If me, I don't have a badge, and I damn sure ain't your son.. When I encounter 30.06 I either decide to avoid or shop unarmed. You have the same choice. You don't have to shop where they wont let you do whatever you want.

Your rights end at my nose.

The fallacy in your argument is that you refer to protecting yourself, yet you argue about carrying a gun. The right to protect yourself has nothing to do with carrying a gun. A private business owner cannot stop you from protecting yourself.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom