• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Guy I used to work with went a bought an AR. Didn't have the heart to ask what he payed for it.

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    Any one go today?

Thoughts?

I am on the fence about going tomorrow (Sunday).

Save your 10 bucks. I went yesterday. It was packed with panic buyers. Prices were ridiculous. i was looking for older S&W revolvers and Colt 1911's. All I saw were beaters with ridiculous prices. Nothing nice or reasonable. One guy had several boxes of Winchester White Box .45 ACP (20 rounds) for $50.00/box. Surprisingly, I didn't see him sell any of it. AR's prices are definitely down from a couple of months ago. Those that were selling for $2400 a few months ago are now down around $1600. Good luck with finding anything close to reasonable.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'd go, for one for ten bucks it's a few hours of entertainment. Secondly, even during the panic I've found some great deals at shows. Thirdly, even though attendance is good, I still feel the need to support these events as without it there's no guarantee that they'll be around in the future. That is why I am always adamant in getting as many folks to these shows as possible.

We were just at the SAXET show here in SA yesterday, and even though it is the same vendors and goods as practically every other month; I did score some much-needed ammo at decent prices. Plus, we had some great conversations with folks there.

And we'll most definitely be going to the Premier show here in SA in two weeks!

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I did go.

Saw Federal Bricks for $60 ... 60% off what it was last FW gun show I attended. Woot!

Shopped ARs in 308 ... DPMS Oracles for $1100 and Armalites for $2400

But I was looking specifically for a SW 617. Found two ... a used one that was way overpriced at $725 and a new one that looked used for $750.

Wasn't too crowded ... lots of variety ... only came home with a Troy quad rail.
    I'll be glad when they get back to normal.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Bump. Anyone got this weekend? We keep getting rain here, which is great, but it kind of interferes with what I had planned this weekend. Thinking of going tomorrow if the crowds and panic have died down. I'm also in the market for a safe. Does anyone know if you can get a good deal on a safe at the gun show? I know they have them there, but never checked into pricing since I didn't need one at the time.

Top Bottom