• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasTJ

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Recently picked up a Glock 20 gen 5 MOS. The plan is to add a Holosun EPS or maybe 509t and a TLR1 as a backwoods gun. I’ve heard not so great things about the included Glock plates.

The only company I’m seeing make a plate for the EPS on MOS is CHPWS, anyone have any other recommendations?
    Also open to back up sight recommendations.
    Military Camp

Attachments

• IMG_8922.jpeg
      IMG_8922.jpeg
      397.4 KB · Views: 36

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Calculated Kinetics makes a DOGTAG plate for MOS - I've had one - it was a better built plate than the CHPWS plates I've had, and comes with the exact hardware you need to mount (not pick your screws from a set - they know which screws for your sight and plate, and they send them to you)

The CK plate is more expensive ($70 when I bought mine) than the C&H but its worth it. Additionally, the DOGTAG has a gas / brass deflector built onto the front that actually did keep the front glass cleaner and safer. My only gripe with the DOGTAG is that, despite pix of them running in Safariland ALS equipped holsters - I wound up having to mod my ALS because the gun got locked in the holster when the leading edge of the ALS lock slipped between the glass and the deflector on the plate. It required a little dremelling (not on the part that actually locks on the ejection port) to stop that nonsense. IF you are not using this in a Safariland duty holster, that is literally a non-issue.

Forward Controls is also top notch - and I've met the owner Roger and he is a certified good dude and friend to the 2A.

All that said - I've owned CHPWS plates for two different guns and have not had a problem with either of them. Others have had horror stories (lots out there) but my experience with them has been good. They're not terrible plates.

TexaSOT

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2023
    Arlington, Tx
    I'll chime in for Forward Controls as well. Solid stuff and I run their RMR footprint plate on a Gen5 G17. I'm not even a stocking dealer for them (yet), they're just genuinely good folks and make good stuff. They're based in TX as well, Midlothian, so if you order direct from them you should get it in the mail quick.

Other plates for me have not been as tight, have excess material that causes issues with some holsters, etc. The included glock plates are not great, that is true...BUT they will work. It's not going to disintegrate on the first mag or anything like that. It might be worth shooting with it for a little bit, just to make sure you want to drop $60-$100 on a 1oz piece of metal.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Tango down ACRO plate on my 21. It’s actually made by FCD.

First pic is the SCS MOS, direct mount. Cowitnesses with factory sights. I’ll cut you a deal on it if you’re interested. Has probably 200-300 rounds through it.
    4152c3ae8e8f1991ba031cc0bc6218ba.png

3db6ad84411ab1d676da7aff7f5a7dca.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasTJ

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Fort Worth
    I'll chime in for Forward Controls as well. Solid stuff and I run their RMR footprint plate on a Gen5 G17. I'm not even a stocking dealer for them (yet), they're just genuinely good folks and make good stuff. They're based in TX as well, Midlothian, so if you order direct from them you should get it in the mail quick.

Other plates for me have not been as tight, have excess material that causes issues with some holsters, etc. The included glock plates are not great, that is true...BUT they will work. It's not going to disintegrate on the first mag or anything like that. It might be worth shooting with it for a little bit, just to make sure you want to drop $60-$100 on a 1oz piece of metal.

From what I can tell FC doesn’t even offer one for the EPS?

Tango down ACRO plate on my 21. It’s actually made by FCD.

First pic is the SCS MOS, direct mount. Cowitnesses with factory sights. I’ll cut you a deal on it if you’re interested. Has probably 200-300 rounds through it.

Thanks for the offer, but I’d like to go with a closed emitter since it’ll be a hiking/camping gun.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Shield makes a RMSc MOS plate. Don’t know if it’s better or worse than CHPWS.

I used a CHPWS on my FNX. No one else made one and I was worried because there were a lot of complaints about QC. All the FN guys said they were good to go so I got one and have no problems with it.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    All my MOS Glocks run OEM plates, and I’ve never had any issues. Mine are all 9MM though.

Try the OEM plates, use Locktite and torque to spec. Why complicate things if you don’t have a reason

TexasTJ

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Then I'd probably opt for the Calculated Kinetics DOGTAG or the CHPWS plates.

Tyler at CK was gracious enough to send me a dog tag for free to test since he wasn’t sure about slide fitment. If it fit, I’d buy from him, if not he’d send me a return label.

The dog tag won’t fit the G20.5. Seems like options are Glock or CHPWS. Thanks.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Tyler at CK was gracious enough to send me a dog tag for free to test since he wasn’t sure about slide fitment. If it fit, I’d buy from him, if not he’d send me a return label.

The dog tag won’t fit the G20.5. Seems like options are Glock or CHPWS. Thanks.

The guys at CK are good dudes. Looks like CHPWS will be the ticket at the moment. They've been doing plates longer than most, so they should have a plate to fit.

Top Bottom