• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I currently carry 180 gr Federal HSTs in my G22, and was thinking of using the same load in my G27 as well. But being a shorter barrel on the G27, how would this affect the performance of my load of choice? Should I go to another load, maybe the Critical Defense load in my newly acquired pistol, or just be secure in something that I know is a great performer?

Input, please...

BG
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I, personally, think it is easier to stick with one brand just for economy reasons. The glock 27 still has a 3.5" barrel right? You are gonna lose some velocity, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Those HST's are very aggressive expanders anyways.

Edit: they have a 3.46" barrel.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Thanks Texas42.. I'd figured that they would be fine, but I already have my water jugs and newspaper set and ready for testing, so I will know for sure. Reguarding the barrel length, I just rounded it up. Besides, .040" is negligiable unless we're building a rocketship... LOL Thanks!!!

BG

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Sure thing. I have about 10 different loads; three weights of HST, two weights of Ranger T-series, Magtechs, PDX1, Ranger Bonded white box, Federal HST white box and a handload utilizing XTPs. Plus the kids, my dad and I have been stuffing newspaper into water and milk jugs off and on for about a month for these next tests. We have some monolithic bullets that I loaded up that him and I were wanting to test out as well. I think half of my storage shed is nothing but jugs. LOL Unfortunately, I dont have a video camera or I would be posting it all to YouWhoieTubie, or a camera of good enough quality for pictures. Just my three year old cell phone... But theres enough on there from other gents I figured why take up more space on the internet. LOL... Most of this is all purely for personal enjoyment. I just like watching stuff blow apart.

Wow... That really sounded kind of sadistic... oops... But the gubment tax refund will be here soon, I may just go all out and make some more ballistics gelatin to show the wound tracks. I have to honestly say, shooting gelatin is way more fun than shooting water jugs. You get to see the wound track, how straight the bullet traveled and of course, actually penetration. I think I actually made mine denser than what the FBI uses, but hell, its just all in good fun, not actually 'to the protocol' testing, ya know? But I will definately get things posted when it all occurs...

Edit: I do have another post of the above mentioned loads out of my G22 on here somewhere. Picture quality is as mentioned, poor at best. Detail is not as good, but the general idea is presented. I am going to talk the wife into a new camera. I hate not having a quality camera... LOL

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-real-estate/13096-different-40-s-w-ammo.html
    BG

Top Bottom