• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justashooter

Feb 21, 2013
    I love revolvers. Especially 357s. I have owned a Ruger GP100, and S&W Model 66, but the best by far was my Colt Python 6' barrel in Chrome. I loved that gun. Sadly some lowlife broke into my house years ago BS (before safe) and it was stolen. Then the market skyrocketed for them, and I am too Scotch to pay over $3000 for a gun I originally paid about $600 for. BUT despair not...Colt has a new Python, and from all the reviews they have improved the sweet trigger. My local gun shop has one on order for me. I cannot wait.
    Lynx Defense

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Wait, y'all are going to take revolvers and rob a 7-11?

05C38535-ED81-4A6F-8FF8-C739946148B8.jpeg

Attachments

• 05C38535-ED81-4A6F-8FF8-C739946148B8.jpeg
      05C38535-ED81-4A6F-8FF8-C739946148B8.jpeg
      20.9 KB · Views: 493

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I acquired a couple of wheel guns when dad passed a few years back. Found them stashed in his tool boxes in his shop. A S&W 38 Special CTG
    Adjustments.jpg

and a Charter Arms Undercover 38 Special
    IMG_5774.jpg

That little undercover is pretty cool. I hope to get a range day with them soon.

Attachments

• Adjustments.jpg
      Adjustments.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 486
    • IMG_5774.jpg
      IMG_5774.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 463

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Be careful about revolvers.
    I am a died in the wool 1911 guy, but a few years ago a guy offered me a .38 cal Colt Police Special that was made many years ago. I reluctantly took the revolver. After I got back home I decided to clean this revolver.
    As I was trying to decide how to take it apart, I began to appreciate the craftsmanship involved in it's design and construction. Man, the metal joints were amazing. Everything fit like a Rolex watch.
    This lead to a three year span of me trying to buy as many "collector quality" revolvers as I could find.
    After acquiring more than a dozen, I realized "collector grade" guns are to be looked at but not shot. I sold all but my S&W M57 no-dash. The 41 mag is a fun gun to shoot. It is pristine, but I have to shoot it every once in awhile. I just apply a heavy coat of oil at the "turn line" in hopes of minimizing the wear.
    Collecting guns is like eating Lays potato chips, no one can buy just one!!

Top Bottom