• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

I was a devoted, almost exclusive, “GALCO” gun-leather customer for 3+ decades.

Then, I lost a lot of weight. 62# by my records, 68+# by my Doc’s records.

Sizes went way-down. 42-44”, to 34” waist.

Had needs for new belts, called GALCO “customer service” for advice.

Let me add that for many years, GALCO used their own very knowledgeable employees for customer service advice.

I got some “agent” with a very small vocabulary, who just wouldn’t listen. I wound-up saying “Listen to me, I’ve worn several of these daily for some 35 years; so I KNOW what I’m talking about!”

I finally gave-up, went to Midway-USA, and bought several belts & a couple holsters from them, NONE are GALCO ! That’s how I discovered the wnderful “NEXBELT Titan EDC” belts.

Go to HELL, “GALCO” !

leVieux
    ARJ Defense ad

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    I have some GALCO brown leather holsters made years ago that have proven indestructible. I still have the duty belt I bought from them in 92. I also still have an ankle holster from them that wouldn’t fit on a kindergartner. Why I haven’t thrown that thing out…

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    When you “went” to Midway, I assume you mean the website.
    Did you ever go to the Galco website?
    They are currently having a 20% off sale. Looks pretty simple, pick your color, pick your size.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    They are currently having a 20% off sale. Looks pretty simple, pick your color, pick your size.
    Thanks for the info. I've been looking for a few of their holsters.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    >

I was a devoted, almost exclusive, “GALCO” gun-leather customer for 3+ decades.

Then, I lost a lot of weight. 62# by my records, 68+# by my Doc’s records.

Sizes went way-down. 42-44”, to 34” waist.

Had needs for new belts, called GALCO “customer service” for advice.

Let me add that for many years, GALCO used their own very knowledgeable employees for customer service advice.

I got some “agent” with a very small vocabulary, who just wouldn’t listen. I wound-up saying “Listen to me, I’ve worn several of these daily for some 35 years; so I KNOW what I’m talking about!”

I finally gave-up, went to Midway-USA, and bought several belts & a couple holsters from them, NONE are GALCO ! That’s how I discovered the wnderful “NEXBELT Titan EDC” belts.

Go to HELL, “GALCO” !

leVieux
    Good on you for losing the weight. I seem to be going in the opposite direction. Might be easier just to swap belts, haha

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

Yes, re website(s).

No, not “simple”.

I recently took a bunch of belts from “major” makers like GALCO and lined them up. There were massive size differences, both in brand, and with others.

And,

I never complained re GALCO products, just their customer “service”.

As I told their agent, I’ve worn GALCO belts almost excusively for decades and am very familiar with their products & sizes.

I was having a specific problem & question with a very specific item, of which I have owned at least 10 over the years. They didn’t want to hear that. All I got was “parroting”. I don’t think they even listened to my very specific question, despite multiple repeats.

OK, now I’ a “NEXBelt” guy, and GALCO lost this long-term customer.

leVieux

p.s. They discontinued their “SCOUT” IWB holster, which was their best item. It as the ONLY product I’ve ever seen which allowed removing & replacing the holster, w or w/o gun on belt w/o removing something and with one hand. It was one of the very few IWB’s I felt comfortable re-holstering w/o looking (not GLOCKS). They sold me one of their replacements, which I must undress to use, and is impossible to re-holster with.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    you're lucky the CSR you spoke to was even an American or spoke understandable English. We've outsourced damn near 90% of our Customer Service to India and a lot of our TECHNICAL service to India, can't understand why customers are so pissed off all the time.

They're trying to prep to outsource my department. Which is going to be a laughing stock. I'm actually promoting out next week. As much as I'd love to remain in a HIGHLY technical role that's heavily involved in the engineering level discussions the bean counters don't care. I'm moving to a more customer attached role that is in the enterprise realm where the big spenders demand a technical american be attached.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    >p.s. They discontinued their “SCOUT” IWB holster, which was their best item. It as the ONLY product I’ve ever seen which allowed removing & replacing the holster, w or w/o gun on belt w/o removing something and with one hand. It was one of the very few IWB’s I felt comfortable re-holstering w/o looking (not GLOCKS). They sold me one of their replacements, which I must undress to use, and is impossible to re-holster with.

I reckon you've never seen a kydex IWB holster.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I reckon you've never seen a kydex IWB holster.
    I have a bunch of them, all “Made in Texas”. I may have some old ones w/ paddles in a box somewhere, too.

I also understand that there are many great holsters I’ve never seen. My own experiences are mostly with GALCO, OY6/San Antonio, and a few Bianchi’s.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I have some GALCO brown leather holsters made years ago that have proven indestructible. I still have the duty belt I bought from them in 92. I also still have an ankle holster from them that wouldn’t fit on a kindergartner. Why I haven’t thrown that thing out…
    >
    Yes, that is what is so sad, their products are first-rate.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Having the model number of an old Galco holster I thought it would be easy to get a new one on line. I was wrong. There are several other holster makers who will be happy to help me find a good holster.

Top Bottom