Texas SOT

Galveston, Kemah, Seabrook - where are the good eats?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Bonus points if it's great seafood at less than high prices.

Share any of your favorite places to eat in or near these areas.

Double bonus points if they have hot waitresses / customers. :evil:
    The Olympic Grill on the cut (not the seawall one) Star Cafe. Mosquito for breakfast, Salt Water Grill but pricey and worth it. There is a place on the point we used to sail to in Seabrook, great atmosphere and cheap seafood can't remember the name

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Kemah area; Merlion for amazing Thai, Joe Lee's is my favorite area restaurant for great affordable fried seafood combos in a relaxed atmosphere (get the fried flounder, trust me on this one).

Galveston; Shrimp and Stuff is solid for casual (mostly fried) seafood. Katy's on the wharf is always a reliable option and isn't as expensive as most seawall establishments. The Original Mexican Cafe is a decent break from seafood. La Kings Confectionary on the strand is a cool old soda fountain worth stopping by for a scoop of ice cream or saltwater taffy (made in house on a 100 year old machine. If anyone in your party does Facebook, there's a group called Galveston Eats that's worth browsing.

Between Galveston and San Leon on 146 you can stop into Hillmans for the freshest raw seafood if you want to boil shrimp or crabs, I'll drive right through Kemah to get there.

San Leon; Gilhooleys is a dive but a local treasure, beware that it is 18 and up so don't take kids. Pier 6 is overrated but solid, definitely isn't cheap though. Topwater is pretty good.

You didn't mention Clear Lake area, but Noon Mirch is really good Indian food. Dan's for pizza and cold beer is a staple in the area.

I don't know where you're traveling from but I may be able to name a few stops along your route. I grew up on the Southeast side of Houston and know this part of the state well, PM me for more info of any kind and I'll try to guide your adventure.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    The Sunflower Bakery and the Mosquito Cafe In Galveston. Off the beaten path local favorites. Great food and reasonable prices.
    I barely caught a glimpse of Mosquito while looking for the Sunflower. I circled the block 4 times looking for a flower pot parking spot & finally gave up.

But thank you and everyone else for all the suggestions. <thumbsup>

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    ShrimpNStuff fish tacos are a fav.

The spot is great to have a beer and shrimp kisses (bacon wrapped shrimp)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    On the Bolivar is a classic seafood place called Stingaree. On Galveston, we like the Marina Bar and grill for a quick good lunch. Yaga's on the strand is suprisingly affordable and has good food too.
    After Little Daddy's, I rode around the island for +3hrs. Dern near dumped the bike in soft sand on the beach. :mad: Mind you it's 150mi just for me to get to The Strand and I'm rather sun / wind burnt since I ignored ATGATT rules while down there. Tomorrow afternoon is my Monday and I'm wondering if I'll be able to work.

I took the ferry to the peninsula and while riding towards Winnie saw several signs pointing to the left with decreasing mileage to Stingaree's but never saw the sign saying TURN HERE. Maybe another time.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yigas is my go to in Galveston, though it seems like there's less and less reason for me to want to go to the strand as time goes on.

Stomps's and Tookies have good burgers.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Joe Lee's is my favorite area restaurant for great affordable fried seafood combos in a relaxed atmosphere (get the fried flounder, trust me on this one).
    I've heard nothing but good about Joe Lee's on a Texas bike forum. I try to avoid fried but am not always successful. :p

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    After Little Daddy's, I rode around the island for +3hrs. Dern near dumped the bike in soft sand on the beach. :mad: Mind you it's 150mi just for me to get to The Strand and I'm rather sun / wind burnt since I ignored ATGATT rules while down there. Tomorrow afternoon is my Monday and I'm wondering if I'll be able to work.

I took the ferry to the peninsula and while riding towards Winnie saw several signs pointing to the left with decreasing mileage to Stingaree's but never saw the sign saying TURN HERE. Maybe another time.
    Yeah, It's a hard one to find. It's at the very end of a road on the bay side, but well worth it. It's one if those long time local staple restaraunts that survive on good food. Taking the ferry is usually the deal breaker, but if you're already over there, it's a must try.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Galveston: Gaido’s & “The Spot”.

NASA: Floyd’s.

The San Luis Steakhouse atop the resort of that name is wonderful, but terribly EXPENSIVE. As in $200/person.

<>

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Landry’s has always been great for me.
    There’s a bunch of haters out there because of who owns it. Pricey tho.
    Giado’s ain’t what it used to be. Still good but not great.
    Shrimp&Stuff is okay.
    I miss Clary’s.

Top Bottom