• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Many decades ago, when I was young, game was plentiful but relatively few people hunted. The "Game Warden" was considered the enemy. But, now, with game populations dwindling, and many more folks out in the fields or on the water; our Game Warden is our friend and ally. Most of us want the same things that they want. Game Wardens are also a wonderful source of hunting and fishing info, as they spend so much time out-and-about, and seem to "know everyone" involved in the outdoors scene. Anyone new to Texas or new to the "outdoors scene" would do well to drop-by their local TP&W offices to meet some of the officers. . . . . . . leVieux
    Gun Zone Deals

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    made it a point to meet both wardens that run our area, sat down with em to a cup of coffee. face to face let em know where we are located and who hunted there. Have a great relationship with the fellas and they help keep a extry eye on the place when we are not there, in turn we help them when ever needed. Usually as eyes & ears for em.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    When counts of certain animals are low they tighten the rules, when they are plentiful they relax them again. Seems like level headed, apolitical people doing a great job preserving public resources. They don't have any radical agendas that I've heard of. All the Game Wardens I've ever met have not just been good guys, but great guys. There could be stuff that I don't know about, but I think TPWD is one of those depts that works really well.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My cousin is a Game warden in Oklahoma. He Just started last year and he's already been shot at a number of times and arrested at least a dozen poachers. I never realized that poaching was a big thing through Texas and the surrounding states but apparently it is.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Our local warden grew up local. Little shit used to be one of the worst poachers around.
    So, he knows the areas and the tricks. Makes him a good game warden.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    only run it I ever had with one he gave me a ticket. It was the first year that they came up with turkey stamps and I didn't know about it and hadn't hunted for a few years so I didn't know about the stamp.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I broke into a Game Warden's truck years ago.

The officer locked his keys inside.

That is my only meeting with them but like any other law enforcement officer they get my respect from the git go.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A lot of their enforcement is outside of the traditional poachers and such. They also check delivery trucks for illegal fish (actually a huge problem in Texas). When I worked at Tenneco, a game warden caught a guy who was sneaking into the company golf course and stealing balls from the lakes. Not just a few - I think he had 5,000 of them in his truck.

The only times I've run into them in the field, I was very impressed by how polite and professional they were.

lokiaga

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Austin
    I was interrogated once by a warden as I parked in front of the deer processing place waiting for them to open. Very professional and friendly. The processing guys said he had been giving them fits, but I dunno, maybe they needed fits. I had no complaints at all.

Top Bottom