• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Col Sanders

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Somehow I missed it but Gander Mtn is opening (opened) in Round Rock, the old Sportsman's Warehouse location.

I'm a fan of theirs the few times I've stopped in a store in my travels, be nice to have some options nearby
    Lynx Defense

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Damnit I meant to stop by there on my way home today. Heard the radio ad for it when I hopped in the truck this morning and drove by it on 45 a few minutes later. Might go here in a few and check it out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Just dropped in and managed to find the proper fobus paddle holster for my cz clone as well as snagged the last two boxes of 9mm 124gr blazer at 16.99/50, not to bad considering how hard this weight is to find. They still have quite a bit of 9mm left and tons of everything else including 17hmr. 22lr however is already gone.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Not a bad little store, a bit pricier than academy but thee selection of Cabellas without driving an hour to get there.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Interesting...I actually went looking for the SW location there over 5 years ago! I believe that space has been empty since that time! I'll drop by, for sure, as it's on the way to the chiro doc and my every other week visit. That's a pretty soft opening, IMO; but they didn't ask me! You might think they would target the area's mail order customers...me being one.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Stopped in tonight. No reloading equipment / supplies. Did not have either of the items I wanted out of their flyer ( one they could not even find in their system ) However, I now have another option for a lot of other things.... Insert appropriate smilie face

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    I went by and saw a great selection of guns (compared to Academy, et. all) but slightly higher than I'd hoped. Lots of ammo also but yes, a bit high still.
    But all in all a nice store and a pleasant place to shop. I'll go back.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Stopped in tonight. No reloading equipment / supplies. Did not have either of the items I wanted out of their flyer ( one they could not even find in their system ) However, I now have another option for a lot of other things.... Insert appropriate smilie face

I talked to as manager the other day they and he said within a month he should have a selection of reloading supplies/parts. He has tumblers in back but knew if he put them out everyone would be asking where the rest of the stuff is.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes Bass Pro Shops to open here? My prediction will be Cedar Park in less than 18 months.

SoonerGimp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I stopped in a few days ago as well. There are no deals to be had on firearms, even the used selection was pricey. Plenty of ammo, lots of fishing supplies, and it was nice and cool inside. :cool:

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I was there a couple of days ago. Supposedly they are having a grand opening in October.

Great selections on firearms though. Prices not great but lots of guns.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I stopped by last week and agree with the above reviews. Nice store, nice selection but man, those prices. I don't know how "big box" places like this and Cabela's get away with charging what they do.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    they can get away with it because a large group of people are still afraid to buy guns over the internet or don't want to wait on having it shipped.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have noticed the activity there lately, but did not know they were open til the other day. Sad to hear about the lack of reloading supplies and pricing. Hopefully they will eventually stock powder and primers. SW was decent for these items and WAY closer to me than McBrides.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    One thing I've noticed while checking people out at registers is that they don't mind paying the price for the ammo. I always even comment to them how prices are high and I haven't bought ammo in a while. I mention how I used to buy m855 from academy for $8/box of 20. They know they're paying more than they should be, but they still buy it. They're not oblivious to that fact.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom