• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    Been there and bought a box of .38spcl. A Little high but they have much more in stock than the academy a mile or 2 up the road. I think that's where the rei store used to be. Like previously stated a bit pricey but in a pinch it will do.

chitty777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    United States
    I went there yesterday. It's not bad and the ammo selection is good. Prices, though, are a little inflated as some others have commented.

That being said, I bought a bucket o'bullets of 22lr.

FiremanLyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Round Rock
    Been there and bought a box of .38spcl. A Little high but they have much more in stock than the academy a mile or 2 up the road. I think that's where the rei store used to be. Like previously stated a bit pricey but in a pinch it will do.

Sportsman's Authority used to be there... closed doors a few (4 or 5) years ago. Sportsman's had the following downfalls as compaired to Gander Mtn.

Poor location (not fixed)
    More expensive than Academy just up the road (this isn't looking good)
    Name Recognition (Gander has a bit better than Sportsman's)
    Cabellea's was opening in Buda (Bass Pro is opening North Round Rock)
    Did I mention horrible location?

The Bass Pro is going to sink Gander Mtn. Have nothing against them, but they took over the same location of another failed outdoor sports store... think that is a big no-no in commerical locations. The Bass Pro is going to have high visability, can see it from highway and all the husbands will stare at it longingly while driving their wife into the outlet mall. Wish them luck, enjoy having more compitition, but I think they have a bad plan.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Can't wait for that bass pro. I miss having a place locally that has allot of fly tying supplies, really want to get back into fishing (namely going for reds).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    This is excellent news. I had no idea Gander Mnt was in RR. Their Grand opening is this weekend Oct 4, 5, and 6. $10.00 gift cards to the first 100 customers each day. Free T shirts and the Swamp People will be there noon to 4pm.

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    This is excellent news. I had no idea Gander Mnt was in RR. Their Grand opening is this weekend Oct 4, 5, and 6. $10.00 gift cards to the first 100 customers each day. Free T shirts and the Swamp People will be there noon to 4pm.

Funny, considering we sell more duck dynasty stuff than swamp people

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I went this afternoon. Was OK. Don't think I saw a Swamp People. Not much different than usual really. Looking forward to Bass Pro Shops opening. I did see a Sig 7.62R type rifle. (2 actually)

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    As someone who works part time at bps.. don't buy anything from there if you can help it. You are getting the shaft, hard core.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As someone who works part time at bps.. don't buy anything from there if you can help it. You are getting the shaft, hard core.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Better than the mall for walking around avoiding the summer heat. I hope they have lots of displays and natural settings. I went to the HQ in Missouri, that was impressive.

Top Bottom