Join TexasGunTalk

Gander mountain

Discussion in 'Austin' started by country_boy, Apr 28, 2017.

1. oohrah

oohrah Active Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    My GOOB GM is now up to 60% off. Got a pair of 5.11s that were marked at 49.99 but rang up at 79.99, and got them for $33. Never had any 5.11s so I'll see how I like them, figured for that I'd give them a shot.

2. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The one in Round Rock has a few things at 60% off, but most things are still only 30%. Their clothing prices are so retarded that I probably won't buy anything unless it drops to 75% off.

I did buy a fire extinguisher for $11 yesterday :laughing:

3. Durango-J

Durango-J New Member

May 26, 2017
    Austin
    I always wondered how they stayed in business for so long with their insane prices. Ive bought clothing from them when I was in Texarkana and in a pinch, and some tanerite targets but Id have to win the lottery to buy firearms from them.

Does any one know when the one in Round Rock is going to close their doors. I would like to show up at the end when they have things marked down real low to like normal retail prices.

4. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
  5. TxStetson

TxStetson TGT Addict TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

May 9, 2013
    Abilene
    The Amarillo store alone had 346 Shields in 9mm last weekend. And they were already in inventory when they filed for Chapter 11.

6. Mikewood

Mikewood Well-Known

Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Lol, now I see. 350 Shields. Each marked at full retail or above? Yea, that might be hard to move.

7. dsgrey

dsgrey Active Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Stopped by the Sherman store. Most people were walking out the door empty handed and their sale price was mostly 20% off msrp. They had 6 tables with items such as orange gloves marked at 40% off msrp. Ammo was 10% off msrp. Guns were 15% off msrp with a sign stating that would be their lowest discount. The boats were gone but I doubt they were sold and the only area that had been hit hard by sales was fishing. An employee said everything is being controlled by the liquidator and admits the guns aren't selling. Gander had a price matching policy but he said that stopped when the liquidator took over.

8. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Well-Known

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth

Liquidator obviously doesn't understand the gun market right now.

9. sidebite252

sidebite252 Well-Known

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Wife and I went into the Sherman store a few weeks back. There were more people in the store than I had seen in a few visits I've made over the years but no one was buying anything. This stuff is still too high with the discounts. I did attempt to purchase some bisquetts for my smoker but they were marked 20% off (which made them the same as I could buy them elsewhere) but when I checked out they only gave me 10% off. I told the checker they were marked 20% off and she argued with me rather than send someone back to confirm. Then just jerked them back off the counter and told me to have a nice day. What a bunch of lazy rude pricks. No surprise why no one hardly shopped there.

10. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    But they did have a HUGE selection so it was always fun to look.

sidebite252 likes this.