• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Has anybody tried and used the FREECHEX III advertised on Handloads .com ? Was just curious. Do you really need them when re-loading for T/C 10" max , or will they fowl up your barrel without the gas check ? Been shooting the RCBS 180 gr. cast for years now., but not lately . Just noticed I was real short on gas checks. Wanted to know about those FREECHEX or homemade checks if anybody had ever tried any ..Anyone ?
    Venture Surplus ad

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    No gas check users ?

Well ..M.SAGE....I guess no one has ever used that tool advertised on how to make gas checks out of aluminum cans on Handloads .com. I wanted to know as you if they really worked as advertised from someone here who might have had some experience with the tool 1st hand. Instead of taking the word of someone trying to sell it. Nothing better than info on something new from someone outside the ring of advertisements. I thought about that idea when I was working with dies many years back. I just didn't have the small die I needed at the time to build that idea . Oh well.... maybe His idea will get off the ground and he will become a millionaire... Right now... don't look like there isn't anyone using gas checks for target practice shooting at all..:confused:

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Charley Thanks

Thanks for the info Charley . Might even register. I'm gonna check out the site and do a little reading on this tool and read what shooters have to say about this tool. I appreciate your input and direction. If it sounds good or bad ...Still might try to get my wife to get it for me by Christmas time. LOL.... I better walk a straight line here...Thanks friend.

Top Bottom