• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    There was mention, a while back, of impending gas shortages due to lack of tanker drivers.

Been a big need for CDL drivers for years. I read a thing last week, that Sisu Energy is paying upto $14,000 *a week* for owner operator hazmat drivers, and they still can't get enough truckers.

$56,000 per month, or $672,000 per year potentially. Granted - that's owner-operator prices, so you have to figure in taxes, fuel, upkeep, and probably a truck payment - which probably drops your net to 1/2 to 2/3 that cost (figure if you're running a new truck, you're looking at $2-3k / month for the payment, plus you're going to be going thru tires/brakes and needing lubed regularly, and you're probably getting 7mpg on a good day...

I gave up my CDL years ago, and couldn't get financed to buy a new semi truck right now or this would be damn tempting, even if just for a short time.

If they can't get qualified drivers to run the tankers, we will certainly face shortages because the fuel will just be sitting in tanks at a distribution facility, instead of in the ground at the retail and commercial locations. If they have to pay stupid high prices for tanker drivers, we're going to fell it at the pump. Biden & Co's policies and attack on the oil industry surely helped sink the knife further - which I think is his plan. It makes his buddies richer, and benefits his foreign puppet masters to boot. Why be energy independent when we can make those who pay us off richer by importing their fuels?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Colonial has supposedly started up operations as of 5pm Eastern Time. Hopefully that will ease some the panic they are experiencing on the East coast. Panic would have eventually spread and then there would have been another gas shortage nationally.

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    Up at the ranch I’m always setting on 50 gallons of 89 octane that’s treated, I run through it and refill it constantly. We’ve got 4 atv’s and 2 JD mowers going all the time plus string trimmers, chainsaws, and generators. I’ve also got a 250 gallon diesel tank for the tractor that I get filled when needed so I think I’m good for a while. At home in Houston I always keep at minimum 25 gallons for the lawnmower, generator and just plain stupid shit like this. The FRACKING SHEEP who can’t pull their heads up from their phones to see what’s coming deserve to get hit by the train. I learned a long time ago in the boy scouts Always beprepared, pay attention to not just your local news but read up on world events, listen to something other than the fox bs propaganda and think about what’s coming next.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    3176ada25f94c99aa2d2b202f70a7279.gif

Top Bottom