Patriot Mobile

Gauging support for a Wounded Warrior shoot in the Central Texas area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Support for a wounded warrior shoot.

• I would not be able to support this.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have talked with Mike Webb (Texas Tactical) a few times regarding putting together a wounded warrior shoot (possibly at Cedar Ridge). I wanted to see what TGT members might think about getting involved and or supporting such an event?

Nothing has been really discussed past “hey this would be cool” and “I would be open to doing that”. My thoughts have been pretty basic, put on a modified multi gun match for wounded vets. Set up an 8 to 10 stage match, with dedicated weapons per each stage. Wounded warrior comes up, does his best with the equipment provided and his personal limitations. Break the shooter classification categories down into basic disabilities (i.e. walking wounded, upper amputee, lower amputee) or something to that effect. Anyway, get some donated prizes, maybe a few guns to award the warriors, etc.

I am thinking San Antonio would be a good spot, due to the SAMC wounded warrior battalion located at Fort Sam Houston. I am also thinking this would take a pretty large commitment from several individuals in the support of firearms, ammo, stage props, refreshments, BBQ, etc, etc.

I would be willing to support the event as much as possible with my company, as well as work as a coordinator for the event. However, this would probably turn into a big project that would require several people.

Anyway, I just wanted to test the waters with TGT, see what the thought were. Being a disabled veteran who spent a few years being treated for injuries, it has become a soft spot in my heart and try to give back to my brothers and sisters in arms.
    Hurley's Gold

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'd help any way I could. Drop Alan a line about this, too. I know he's talked about doing something forum-wise with Wounded Warriors.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    There was one done at Bullethole in San Antonio a couple three years ago, very successful. I was one of the ROs. Contact Bullethole and get contact info for Steve, he runs the Bullethole IPSC club.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Heck yeah dude! This was one of the original ideas I had when we first started TGT. Things like this to help improve and give back to the community, and especially those that have sacrificed. Lets make this happen!

Top Bottom