• TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yes, it's my first post... gotta start somewhere

I don't work for them, but have been insured by them for 20 years. If that is truly why they cancelled it, I might have to reconsider. But for now, we have 1 letter and no details. It drives me crazy when people get offended by perceived slights and over react. Just like the people who over reached about the little girl and her Hello Kitty Bubble gun.

Did you actually READ the letter they sent to the policy holder? I did - and they canceled because (and I quote) "...does not meet our guidelines because it is used in conjunction with a company that deals in the weapons industry." Can't be much clearer than that...note it doesn't say "illegal" - just that because they deal in the firearms industry.

So....ready to reconsider who gets your insurance $$$?
    Venture Surplus ad

dashmatrix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Spicewood, Tx
    Wow, thanks for sharing that. I had NO IDEA they were that much SUCK. For a company that founded itself providing affordable insurance to GI's returning from WWII you'd think they would have some appreciation for those weapons. We really need a Zombie Apocalypse to thin the herd.

Twist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Yes, it's my first post... gotta start somewhere

I don't work for them, but have been insured by them for 20 years. If that is truly why they cancelled it, I might have to reconsider. But for now, we have 1 letter and no details. It drives me crazy when people get offended by perceived slights and over react. Just like the people who over reached about the little girl and her Hello Kitty Bubble gun.

Good for you. I personally switched from them in 1999 because their claim service sucks. No fault accident, other driver uninsured, fixed with cheap assed Asian made parts on a Tahoe that was barely a year old, then when the chrome grill they put on the vehicle started to pit after 6 months, they didn't want to pay for the labor to get it fixed. Told the adjuster that wasn't really a problem and that I'd change the grill out since I'm somewhat mechanically inclined. He continued on with his attitude so I told him to come by the house, I'd remove the grill and shove it up his ass so he knew what to not bring back. Cancelling those a-holes was the best thing I ever did.

This anti gun crap just further proves what kind of douche nozzles they are.

irrational behavior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Did you actually READ the letter they sent to the policy holder? I did - and they canceled because (and I quote) "...does not meet our guidelines because it is used in conjunction with a company that deals in the weapons industry." Can't be much clearer than that...note it doesn't say "illegal" - just that because they deal in the firearms industry.

So....ready to reconsider who gets your insurance $$$?

I absolutely read it and that's why I'm researching for more information. For example, I found a statement from the company on Snopes. I can't help but think there is more to the story and I don't like being a reactionary alarmist as so many are quick to do.

MR2Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Austin, TX
    This anti gun crap just further proves what kind of douche nozzles they are.

Dude, it's an insurance adjuster. They're all assholes.

As for Geico, I really would be interested in hearing more details. I don't use Geico anyway, but I suspect that there may be more to the story than that they just hate gun owners. Huge companies, and insurance companies especially, don't do things based on actual politics. It's all about money to them, so there must be someone in their vast corporate machine who has identified some level of exposure to firearms as an indicator of unacceptable risk.

Does anyone actually know the person from the original post, who got his policy canceled? The letter says they'd provide an explanation if you write them and ask.

Top Bottom