• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    I used to wonder if the name "Progressive" was a sort of "Hidden in plain sight" political reference. My homework suggest it is.

Big time. Dude who started it is a major lefty.

Probably one of the worst insurance companies out there as well. Great first year rates and whammo, skyrocket the next year. Whole lot of complaints against them.

USAA is where its at. (if you can get it)

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I sent them a scathing letter. Here's their response...

Case: 5628016
    We spoke with the policyholder in December and there was some misunderstanding/confusion on our part on how he used the vehicle. We have reached out to the policyholder and hope that we can clarify usage of the vehicle and continue his policy.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

General Category: Other
    Specific Category: Other
    State: TX

Comments: Shame on your company. I've read about and seen cancellation letters from you informing law-abiding people that you've chosen to suspend their insurance policies because they are affiliated with firearm-related businesses. How dare you treat honest Americans in this fashion. This is reprehensible behavior from a company that insures military personnel. Will you cancel THEIR insurance policies because they are around firearms as well? Do honest civilians deserve less in your opinion? I will relate this information to friends and family as well as to the number of online forums that I am a member of. With any luck we can begin a grassroots campaign to alert many others about your company's unfounded bias and blatant infringment of rights. When the smoke clears many of us law-abiding Americans will remember the companies that stood by us and those that were willing to feed us to the wolves... we will show you our disappointment by taking our business to your competitors.

Send To: policyholdersupport_r5@geicomail.com

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Unfortunately USAA does not insure motorcycles. they use progressive. I will be cancelling my motorcycle insurance with them next month. Any recommendations . How is nationwide ?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I sent them a scathing letter. Here's their response...

Case: 5628016
    We spoke with the policyholder in December and there was some misunderstanding/confusion on our part on how he used the vehicle. We have reached out to the policyholder and hope that we can clarify usage of the vehicle and continue his policy.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

General Category: Other
    Specific Category: Other
    State: TX

Comments: Shame on your company. I've read about and seen cancellation letters from you informing law-abiding people that you've chosen to suspend their insurance policies because they are affiliated with firearm-related businesses. How dare you treat honest Americans in this fashion. This is reprehensible behavior from a company that insures military personnel. Will you cancel THEIR insurance policies because they are around firearms as well? Do honest civilians deserve less in your opinion? I will relate this information to friends and family as well as to the number of online forums that I am a member of. With any luck we can begin a grassroots campaign to alert many others about your company's unfounded bias and blatant infringment of rights. When the smoke clears many of us law-abiding Americans will remember the companies that stood by us and those that were willing to feed us to the wolves... we will show you our disappointment by taking our business to your competitors.

Send To: policyholdersupport_r5@geicomail.com

What do they expect them to do? Change their business plan and start producing cuddly teddy bears?

Stupid.

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    Unfortunately USAA does not insure motorcycles. they use progressive. I will be cancelling my motorcycle insurance with them next month. Any recommendations . How is nationwide ?

Not sure, but Nationwide is similar to USAA in structure, member owned.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

I have two motorcycles with USAA, and they show up on my policy along with all my other vehicles; but Progressive is underwriting them.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    They've ACTUALLY been hassling me lately trying to get me back (it's only been 3 years). I would LOVE to take this new info and go tell them to **** off.

irrational behavior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    I'm just glad to see we aren't going to let the facts and details of the case that we don't have get in the way of us making an informed decision.
    Btw... I also heard from a friend (Foxy Loxy) that a friend of theirs told them the sky is falling. It sounds reasonable enough... so let's just call it fact.
    The rest of the lemmings have already jumped off the cliff... don't be the last

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I'm just glad to see we aren't going to let the facts and details of the case that we don't have get in the way of us making an informed decision.
    Btw... I also heard from a friend (Foxy Loxy) that a friend of theirs told them the sky is falling. It sounds reasonable enough... so let's just call it fact.

Its a free market. I can quit doing business with someone because they have bad body odor, if I choose that to be my only reason. IE self determined reasons are just that. They don't necessarily need approval of a group. They're individual choices, right or wrong. If a company has liberal leaning or commie leaning people on their board of directors, that's enough reason for me to shop with my feet.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Really? Hmmmm...first post, and you jump into a thread about a company that canceled a policy because <gasp> someone sells LEGAL firearms?!?? Hmmmm.....methinks I know who someone works for......

irrational behavior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Really? Hmmmm...first post, and you jump into a thread about a company that canceled a policy because <gasp> someone sells LEGAL firearms?!?? Hmmmm.....methinks I know who someone works for......
    Yes, it's my first post... gotta start somewhere

I don't work for them, but have been insured by them for 20 years. If that is truly why they cancelled it, I might have to reconsider. But for now, we have 1 letter and no details. It drives me crazy when people get offended by perceived slights and over react. Just like the people who over reached about the little girl and her Hello Kitty Bubble gun.

irrational behavior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Absolutely that is your right to choose who you do business with and you can have any reason you want. And maybe I need to do more research... but I have seen no indication of liberal commie leanings. But I'll do my own research.

Top Bottom