• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coffsm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2016
    Hey guys I'm 16, and at the minuet I live in the UK. In a few years I plan to move to the us, specifically Texas (if/when trump gets into power I might not be able to!) and become a firefighter. Another big aspect of what I want to do when I move out is shooting since its something I already do here in the uk and love. But my question is can I buy a handgun at 18/19? At the minuet from what ive read it seems that you can get a handgun when your 18 or over from a private seller but not an FFL registered shop? And then if it is possible to get a handgun from reading the form for the concealed carry license if I meet all the points in section a except the age and I am 18 or over I can still get a license? I was just wondering since I will be moving out alone, if I am able to protect myself by doing this it would be pretty high on my lists of priorities! and finally if I bring my shotgun license from the UK will people be more willing to sell a handgun?

Thanks for taking the time to read this it got pretty lengthy!
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Coffsm,

http://www.texaschl.us/eligibility.htm

This link will provide all the information you seek regarding a Texas License to Carry, plus some more.

If Trump becomes President, why will you not be able to come to Texas?

While he's not the best choice in the world to be the U.S. President, Clinton/Sanders are far, far, worse.

Last edited:

Coffsm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2016
    thanks for the link and its more that the UK government and Trump really don't get on well, the UK government tried to ban him from coming to the UK which his completely hypocritical but my views about him are irrelevant!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    But my question is can I buy a handgun at 18/19? At the minuet from what ive read it seems that you can get a handgun when your 18 or over from a private seller but not an FFL registered shop?

As long as you're eligible to own a handgun, yes. That could very well depend on your visa, immigration status, etc. I'd consult with an immigration attorney to be sure as I wouldn't want to be deported home on a felony weapons charge.

I was just wondering since I will be moving out alone, if I am able to protect myself by doing this it would be pretty high on my lists of priorities!

You already have experience with a shotgun. That's not a bad option at home.

I bring my shotgun license from the UK will people be more willing to sell a handgun?

No, in fact it would probably hurt. You show me some licence from the UK and I'm going to wonder if you really are a Texas resident. I want a Texas DL/ID card and your affirmation that you are, in fact, a resident.

Coffsm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2016
    No, in fact it would probably hurt. You show me some licence from the UK and I'm going to wonder if you really are a Texas resident. I want a Texas DL/ID card and your affirmation that you are, in fact, a resident.

I was meaning alongside everything else that the seller wanted I forget to put that in there

Top Bottom