• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Breckenridge Tx.
    I have my Type 1 FFL and would like to know what I need to do so I can start selling suppressors. Do I need to just send in the form and money or do I need to wait till I renew my FFL. Thanks in advance
    Thanks Mike
    ARJ Defense ad

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    Additionally, after receiving your SOT, some manufacturers will give you an array of suppressors for "demo" purposes to aid in selling their product.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Additionally, after receiving your SOT, some manufacturers will give you an array of suppressors for "demo" purposes to aid in selling their product.

Which ones are those?

I have seen demo discounts but never been offered an array of suppressors for "demo" purpose.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I too, am interested in manufacturers "giving" an array of products!

A discount over normal dealer cost for "one of each" is more the norm, especially from large and reputable makers like YHM and Silencerco.

Although I did just get in two Micro .22LR cans from Rebel Silencers out of El Paso for the cost of shipping, as a demo for me and a free one for a customer. No idea how they work (yet), but I was quite surprised when they both showed up today!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Me too...I would very much like to know what secret code words to use in order to get free "demo" cans.

I am a SilencerCo dealer, and they just gave me a rather large discount on my demo cans to what I assume is the actual cost with a reasonable profit, as opposed to the usual markup ;)

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    The "manufacturers give you free cans" thing... yeah, I haven't seen that really happen. Sometimes you can sweet talk them into "borrowing" a can to test out. Free "demos" --- probably not going to happen. That being said, sometimes there's promotional packs or other things.

As far as selling cans... think of a normal gun sale, then add about 1000 times the paperwork onto it. Form 4's are a pain--- there's a pretty steep jump between Title 1 and Title 2 firearms. The best place to start is just reading all the boring paperwork from the ATF. It's not a quick and easy process by any means.

Top Bottom