Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So, you spend time in the recliner and your feet get cold, even when the heat's on. You've gotten past the point when two pairs of thick socks are enough to keep your feet warm. You decide you want some actively heated thing on your feet.

What's the best alternative?
    Guns International

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife pulled a muscle in her back a few weeks ago and been using a heating pad. She had it on the couch last Saturday and it fell on the floor. My feet get cold a lot because I go barefoot until outside time, and we have concrete floors. I was sitting there contemplating getting my house shoes on when I realized the heating pad was laying there. Slipped my feet under it and it almost put me back asleep. It was amazing... lol

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Pure Relief foot warmer.

IMG_6304.jpeg

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    So, you spend time in the recliner and your feet get cold, even when the heat's on. You've gotten past the point when two pairs of thick socks are enough to keep your feet warm. You decide you want some actively heated thing on your feet.

What's the best alternative?
    Oh God. I swear as I'm reading this I'm on my recliner, heat's on, with heavy wool socks inside fuzzy slippers, and my toes are freezing. My hands are cold and my fingers are like ice.

For me it's bad circulation. Nothing is cold when I'm up working/moving around. Gonna do @FireInTheWire 's trick. Getting heating pad.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Are cold feet, fingers, and nose a result of reduced circulation or nerve problems? Seems like I've heard both but nerve damage is usually from trauma or something pinching. How's your bloodwork, are you taking your vitamins?
    Circulation was my first thought as well. Ever thought about beets or beet supplements for improved blood flow?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The OP didn't specify who was cold. It's my sis and her mobility is sufficiently compromised that the best suggestions here don't apply.

Thanks to all, though. I got some good ideas and she should be comfortable going forward. She's wearing fleece footwear now and an electric foot warmer is en route from Amazon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom