DK Firearms

Girl Scouts of America and Planned Parenthood.....say WHAT?!??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I can't understand how any organization can support the murder of innocent children, but I never expected the Girl Scouts would be on that list. I will not be supporting them any longer either.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    It's going to break my heart the next time some little girl and her momma knock on my door and I have to look at the mom and tell her she needs to let her leadership know that their relationship with planned parenthood is the reason I'm telling her daughter no.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    My heart is slowly being broken. Everything america has ever been about, all of its morals are being flushed away and nobody knows it. Excuse me while i go drink myself into a stupor

sent from my dishwasher

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's going to break my heart the next time some little girl and her momma knock on my door and I have to look at the mom and tell her she needs to let her leadership know that their relationship with planned parenthood is the reason I'm telling her daughter no.

I'm right there with ya.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Why are any of these organizations publicly commenting on any of these subjects? This is a typical entrapment for an organization that neither needs to address the comment or take a side on it. If they would just plead the 5th like the liberals do for anything that they don't want to discuss, the world would be a better place. Merit badges and helping the community should be the vocal comments that you hear because that is 98% of what the organizations do. When they get a 2% question and are badgered into commenting about it, it reflects poorly on the organization.
    Divide and conquer, the liberal way. Ignore them (the liberals) and let them wither away.
    I do not agree with 100% of either philosophy, liberal or conservative. It is is not anyone's damn business what part of each that I support. That should go double for these organizations. They should discuss items that they directly address and teach, and tell everyone else with questions to take a them elsewhere....
    <stepping down from soapbox>

Last edited:

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    And now you know why American Heritage Girls were formed.

Meeting in Tennessee this month (I think) to explore same for Boy Scouts here in the US. In the UK they split long ago over social issues.

I think the problem is that as charities and non-profits grow, they can't be staffed solely by those that believe in the cause any more. So they go looking for "professionals" to help run the org. The folks with credentials to run NPOs are edumicated in Liberal Arts colleges, and once they gain power they start bending the org to the agenda. It took longer with Boy Scouts than most, but I think it's telling that their survey of volunteer leadership was over 60% in favor of leaving the policy alone, but when the paid leadership voted it was over 60% in favor to go rainbow :-(

Sad.

Sent from magic cutting board.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    So there are alternative groups in place now? It would be good to know who to support now to make a point

Top Bottom