• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    “From February 2016 to February 2018 (the latest month available) global average temperatures dropped 0.56°C,” RealClearMarkets reports. “You have to go back to 1982-84 for the next biggest two-year drop, 0.47°C—also during the global warming era. All the data in this essay come from GISTEMP Team, 2018: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis. NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies... This is the standard source used in most journalistic reporting of global average temperatures.”
    Capitol Armory ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Many of us knew it was cyclic depending on the sun's activity.

The Left will push for more regulations as this proves what they are doing is working.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sometimes I wonder.
    If we drop into another Ice Age, will the same people crying about global warming cry for a way to warm us up?
    After all, we are so special that it must be humans fault.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Never was any science behind the global warming to begin with.

I remember in the early 70's scientists were predicting we were on the verge of another ice age. You know how that worked out...
    Exactly right. Until they can begin their arguments with something other than "... the models predict" there is no point in paying much attention to the warnings of doom and gloom. These models predict hurricane seasons every year, and every year they're nowhere close. They have major trouble predicting the weather a week out, what makes them think they have this whole 'climate change' nonsense so thoroughly worked out again?

They have about as much credibility over the future of our climate as Miss Cleo.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Another thing I have never understood is the precision of their measurements.

Do any of you know the average temperature of your house (including living area, garage, attic, ...) to 0.01 degree?! I sure don’t, maybe + or - 2 degrees. But certainly not 0.01!

But they know the temperature of the whole Earth to that level of precision. Plus knowing it to that level of precision from periods before the space age. Hmmmmm.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Another thing I have never understood is the precision of their measurements.

Do any of you know the average temperature of your house (including living area, garage, attic, ...) to 0.01 degree?! I sure don’t, maybe + or - 2 degrees. But certainly not 0.01!

But they know the temperature of the whole Earth to that level of precision. Plus knowing it to that level of precision from periods before the space age. Hmmmmm.

Yep.

Basic principle of science, you cannot report data to a greater precision than that to which you measured the data.

So they use tree rings for estimates of temperatures. And go back to historical data only recorded to the nearest one degree. Much of the data is from uncalibrated instruments. And they want to talk about 0.01 or 0.3 degree changes? I think not. Any seventh grade science student should know better.

Not to mention throwing out large amounts of data that don't produce the model results they would like. Or changing datasets entirely.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    We need more black guns!

Oh yeah, those streets that were painted white, tax payers need to invest in some black paint now.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Another thing I have never understood is the precision of their measurements..

Global warming/climate change is occurring at about 2/3 of one degree per human lifetime. Relative to the earth's cyclic climate cycles that is hyper-speed!

It's real and those science deniers who who take the "I don't feel warmer" tact just look silly.

The question ought to be...can we meaningfully alter the course of the human influence on climate.

Both sides have made up their minds so arguing is pretty fruitless.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The issue is not climate change as earth's climate has been changing back and forth between hot and cold all thru history. That is scientific fact.

The issue should be man-made client change - to what extent does it exist and what can we really do about it at what cost.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Relative to the earth's cyclic climate cycles that is hyper-speed!
    ...for the current Holocene. Immediately preceding it the global average temperature was fluctuating as much as 18° in 5 years. The last 10,000 years has been unusually stable in earth's history. Average temp has actually been trending cooler over the last 8,500 years.
    1002-Late-Quaternary-temp-changes-to-250-kyr-BP.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The issue should be man-made client change - to what extent does it exist and what can we really do about it at what cost.
    The current period of unusual stability coincides with the birth of human civilization. What if humans cultivating their environment to their benefit is what has caused the unusual stability?

Top Bottom