• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    A man of mystery brought this toy out whilst we were discussing tantalizing plans of world domination in my secret bunker located somewhere south of Brazil.

I've now shot the compensated 18C and the earlier 18, and I must say, the compensated gun is quite a bit flatter. The 18 jumps up on you pretty quick and just keeps on rising, but in burst fire it's much more manageable. The 18C is more of a hold on and dump machine pistol.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I tossed my AAC TiRant on it for grins ... but unfortunately the pistol won't run in full auto with it on it.

Here's a video of me shooting the 18C (compensated version) at the 2010 Leona MG Shoot.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The H&K VP-70 design is the direct ancestor to the Glock 17. The H&K used the striker firing mechanism and many similar Glock features and it pioneered the "plastic" frame assembly. It was also offered with a burst selector that could only be engaged when an H&K shoulder stock was attached to the pistol. The VP-70 was way ahead if its time but I fired a semi auto version in the late 1970's and it had a 12+ pound trigger pull. It was pretty miserable to shoot!

Flash

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yeah the VP has a pretty rough trigger in it, LOL. They are pretty ingenious for their release date, and have some pretty gnarly 60s "ray gun" looks.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Allan, I was wondering why you were taking pictures of this yesterday at the get together.
    We did actually meet & shake hands yesterday.

Wish there had been some way to tell who were TGTalk members while there.... I was pretty much of a "wall flower" & did not go into the shooting area.
    Only person I really talked to Was Sean.

Top Bottom