• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    About $1000 and the cost of an FFL / SOT.

Oh, well then, put me down for a dozen. I'll have my majordomo Mr. Jenkins fetch them when they are ready. In the mean time I'll have him shampoo my wide variety of red carpets.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    You take a $800.00 gun and make it $1000.00 then require a $200 tax stamp then require a $1000 dealer license and a LEO sign off and it seems NFA is a noblemans game.

I'm not complaining about the owners of NFA toys, heck, I hope to be one soon, nor am I jealous how much more money John makes than Bill or I.

But the way laws are written in my opinion it creates Sir Jon and peasant Bill and I don't think the drafters of the constitution intended the 2nd Amendment. Goverment should keep away form firearms, all of them, if you're a good citizen.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You take a $800.00 gun and make it $1000.00 then require a $200 tax stamp then require a $1000 dealer license and a LEO sign off and it seems NFA is a noblemans game.

I'm not complaining about the owners of NFA toys, heck, I hope to be one soon, nor am I jealous how much more money John makes than Bill or I.

But the way laws are written in my opinion it creates Sir Jon and peasant Bill and I don't think the drafters of the constitution intended the 2nd Amendment. Goverment should keep away form firearms, all of them, if you're a good citizen.

There's no fee for dealer transfers, but yes ... machine guns are a rich man's toy for the most part.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Does one still need an FFL if they get the LE sign off???

Yes. These are Post '86 machineguns, and as such can only be owned by dealers. There is a thing called a "Pre May Sample", which I believe can be owned by a dealer either without a demo letter, or at the least is allowed to be kept by the dealer even after their license expires (if they don't renew it). I may be wrong about that, but that's the way I understand it. As far as I'm aware, I don't believe there are any Pre '86 civilian transferable G18's in the NFA registry? If there were, they would be insanely priced due to rarity, like $20k+ I'm guessing.

Swede

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Ft. Worth
    There is no radar for regular individuals who own transferable MG's and silencers. You don't give up any rights at all, especially w/regards to search. FFL/SOTs on the other hand, are exposed to periodic inspections and such.

What that puppy needs is a shoulder stock and some form of rate-reducer! :patriot:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There is no radar for regular individuals who own transferable MG's and silencers. You don't give up any rights at all, especially w/regards to search. FFL/SOTs on the other hand, are exposed to periodic inspections and such.

What that puppy needs is a shoulder stock and some form of rate-reducer! :patriot:

I was under the impression that the ATF "could" come ask to see your Class III items if they so wished, maybe I was mis-informed???

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Of course they are not likely to ask to see your form unless you are shooting a machine gun, suppressor, SBR, SBS or other NFA toy. Outside of the toy being noticed you stay anonymous as far as I have seen.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    they can, but if they show up you simply tell them that they can meet you at your attorneys office the next day or two and show them your weapons there.

They annot enter your home without a search warrant.

Top Bottom