• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boatman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Lago Vista, TX
    First time posting. I live in the Leander/Cedar Park/Austin area. Would like to locate a new or used (if used, must be in excellent condition), Glock 19, 9mm, Gen 4.

Thank you!

Braveheart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Texas
    Not really an response to your ad.

Just wanted to say the glock gen4s are really nice. I own myself a G17 Gen4 and it really is incredible for being fully stock.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Boatman, if you are law enforcement or a veteran, go to GT Distributors. You can not beat LE pricing - right about $400 for a Gen4 G19.

Boatman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Lago Vista, TX
    Hi Mic,

Thanks for the heads up with GT Distributors, the prices are great. I checked the site out and they have a physical address here in Austin, I do not know if they have actual firearms there or if it is strictly a sales office. I have not called them yet but I assume you can purchase on line, have the gun shipped to the Austin location, and when it arrives, go there to do paperwork and pick it up. Is that how it works? I am not in law enforcement, I am retired, a Viet Nam vet, before the service I was an avid hunter and shooter, however, I have not fired a weapon in 40 years and would like to get back to the range and do some target practicing.

Braveheart, glad to hear you are enjoying your Glock 17, Gen IV. Glocks are like many other brand of pistols, you either love them or not. I have always been very partial to the Glock. When I do get a 19 I believe I will get night sights for it, have not decided on the Trijicon or the Meprolight both seem to be great but I am leaning towards the Meprolights. Anyone with opions on nightsights would be welcomed.

Keep it safe,
    Boatman

Boatman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Lago Vista, TX
    Mic, I called GT Dist. today and they were great clearing up "all" my questions about on line ordering. As it turns out they have one Glock 19, 9mm, Gen IV in stock and it is on hold for me for five days. I thought the on line price was my price but that is for law enforcement, military, etc. The price on line is $398.20, my price is $549 plus sales tax. I am ok with the price, Academy, which is nearly impossible to catch this item in stock due to the demand before someone else buys it, sells it for $559. I also found out you are not able to go to Academy, pay all charges and have them contact you when it comes in, they do not order on your behalf. I would rather do business with a complete gun shop that buys, sells, gunsmithing, and takes care of you. Anyway, thanks again for pointing me towards GT Dist., I will give you five stars for that.

Charlie,

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, it is an interesting place. Charlie, anyone who quotes "Walt" has to be a good guy :patriot:. It does not get any better than Clint.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I thought the on line price was my price but that is for law enforcement, military, etc. The price on line is $398.20, my price is $549 plus sales tax.

You are a veteran - your price too. Just bring them your DD-214. I have bought several firearms there and received LE pricing by bringing in my DD-214.

Boatman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Lago Vista, TX
    Mic, I called GT Dist. to verify and they stated unless I am retired military or active military I do not qualify. I am not retired nor active so I have to pay $150.08 more. I have to say that is a hugh increase, but it is what it is. Let me know what you think!

Charlie, I also watched many episodes of Rawhide, guess that does not make us a young fella anymore.

Boatman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Lago Vista, TX
    I received a private message with reference to GT Distributors from a member and I do not even know how to reply. After opening up the message on the forum and typing a zillion words it was all lost. Now to you young folks who can type a zillion words in three minutes, it would not be a big deal, but, for an old guy like me it takes a long, long time when you type with two fingers.

Would someone be so kind and tell me how to respond to a private message.

Thank you for your patience and allowing me on your lawn.

Boatman

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Probably the easiest way would be to scroll down from the message that was sent to you until you come to the "Quick Reply" box. Key in your message just below the quoted message in the quick reply box and hit "Submit Message". There are other ways to send replies but this is the easiest for me so therefore the one I use most of the time.

Boatman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Lago Vista, TX
    I purchased a Glock 19, 9mm, Gen IV yesterday from GT Dist. Used my DD214 and the transaction went as smooth as butter. BIG savings!

Would like to Thank everyone who helped me with this transaction and a special thanks to "Mic".

I do have another question, I know what you all are thinking, you thought after helping me out with all my questions on my original post you would be done with me, Ha Ha, no such luck, you guys have grown on me so I will be around for some time.

My question, I noticed on the site for items for sale that even when the item is sold it stays on the forum, so if you are looking at a handgun, open up the posting, you have to scroll to the bottom of all the posts to see if it is sold or not. Are you supposed to delete the post after you sell an item? Also, "Oh no, another question", now that I am no longer looking for a Glock 19, Gen IV, am I supposed to delete my posting?

Your help is appreciated!

Boatman

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Boatman,

Congrats on your purchase. I was offered the very same Glock 19 from GT last Friday when I was looking for one (with night sights right?). Small world...I declined the offer because I wanted a different brand of night sights to match my duty weapon. I pick up mine this past Wednesday (got it in 5 days) and took it out during my patrol rilfe qualification yesterday. I was a little nervous due to some issues I read online with the re-deisgned recoil spring and besides, I've always owned Gen 3's. I put 50 rounds of duty amo and 50 rounds of FMJ with no issues at all.

You'll be happy...
    CALI

Top Bottom