• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    A couple of years ago my wife took a real interest in getting her CCW. So looking for easy to carry handguns I obtained both a P365 and a P938. I took her to the range and I brought my Glock 26. She shot each of the handguns I got her and all I got from her was a “Meh”. She then asked if she could try my Glock and before I could say anything she said “This is the one I want”. Well I wasn’t going to argue, I figured I would try each of these newer handguns and I’ll use them for me. The thing is that no matter what I tried, I just couldn’t love the P365.

I’m a lover of steel guns. If however I grab a “Plastic Fantastic” it’s gotta be a Glock. There are other polymer guns I like, such as the Sig P2022. Though the Glock is my favorite plastic one. I finally decided to just put it to trade on the forum for my missing friend the Glock 26. Lo and behold right away someone answered and a trade was made. I am more than happy with my new/old friend and I now have a matching buddy for my wife’s Glock. Let me introduce my new pal:

e4c36add6a84a009d5e355dee8864555.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    As a Sig guy, I really wanted to not like the 26, but I’m a fan. Glad you got another one. My wife took ownership of a couple of mine over the years.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Not my carry, which is a Sig P365 that I love. BUT I do own a Glock 26 that I LOVE to shoot and wouldn't mind carrying at all. Just not as practical as the Sig.

On another note, my wife has a Glock 42 that is her EDC and one of the most fun to shoot of all that I own.

Not a Glock fanboy by any means, but don't get a lot of the Glock hate.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm a revolver fan. I carry a snubby .38 a LOT. The G26 is my absolute favorite semi. I can shoot it better than 19 or a 17. It just fits. When I saddle-up for the big city or a road trip, the 26 sits on my hip.

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    26 = fat big in a candy store.

When guns now a days are smaller in every conceivable way. It's a no brainer.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    It's not always about being the smallest.
    There is such a thing as too small.
    For instance, I am capable and comfortable with the Sig 238, but not the Sig 938. Also, i can shoot the NAA mini .22 lr just fine, but the 22 WMR version jumps from my hand!

I like the Glock 26. It fits my hand, which is large, very well. My daily attire has changed to primarily untucked shirts and I carry OWB. In the past, when I had to wear dress pants, a tucked shirt and sport coat I carried a single stack IWB.

CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    I prefer tried and true. The Glock 26 has a long record of reliability and I’m very familiar with the system and that model.

For deeper concealment, I have a Sig P938 which blows the P365 out of the water in every way except capacity.

Everyone has their preferences and needs. For carry, these two do me just fine.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm a revolver fan. I carry a snubby .38 a LOT. The G26 is my absolute favorite semi. I can shoot it better than 19 or a 17. It just fits. When I saddle-up for the big city or a road trip, the 26 sits on my hip.

I resemble that. . . . .

My "Home area EDC" is a Taurus Millennium Pro PT-145, but when traveling, I carry a G26 so that Wife & I carry common mags. Many times I also have the S&W "Scandium" J-frame, too.
    leVieux

Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Carried mine for 5 years, sometimes it feels a little bulky but the ability to carry 17rd mag as a spare makes up for it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I gave my LEO Son a P365, as he was in love with them. A few months later I asked him if I should switch from GLOCKS to SIGS and he said "No, stay with your GLOCKS!" I note that he does usually carry the P365 when off-duty.
    leVieux

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    A couple of years ago my wife took a real interest in getting her CCW. So looking for easy to carry handguns I obtained both a P365 and a P938. I took her to the range and I brought my Glock 26. She shot each of the handguns I got her and all I got from her was a “Meh”. She then asked if she could try my Glock and before I could say anything she said “This is the one I want”. Well I wasn’t going to argue, I figured I would try each of these newer handguns and I’ll use them for me. The thing is that no matter what I tried, I just couldn’t love the P365.

I’m a lover of steel guns. If however I grab a “Plastic Fantastic” it’s gotta be a Glock. There are other polymer guns I like, such as the Sig P2022. Though the Glock is my favorite plastic one. I finally decided to just put it to trade on the forum for my missing friend the Glock 26. Lo and behold right away someone answered and a trade was made. I am more than happy with my new/old friend and I now have a matching buddy for my wife’s Glock. Let me introduce my new pal:

e4c36add6a84a009d5e355dee8864555.jpg

Did you make it out to the range? My wife likes that 365 and has claimed it as hers.

CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    Lol. Sounds familiar! I’m going to finally make it this Friday. Way too much stuff going on at work and home right now! I’m very excited about the Glock. I ordered my holsters from G Code, bought a bunch of extra mags too!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Lol. Sounds familiar! I’m going to finally make it this Friday. Way too much stuff going on at work and home right now! I’m very excited about the Glock. I ordered my holsters from G Code, bought a bunch of extra mags too!

HOLSTER for GLOCK 26

I have found that the GALCO "Scout" IWB is best for the G26. I have a "box of holsters", including more expensive GALCO, Bianchi, & OY6 models; but the Scout is my go-to. Reasons: Inexpensive, protective, can be put on & taken off belt with one hand, w/o removing gun. Secure, takes little space, easily concealed on or off belt, goes into pocket when needed. I don't want to be re-holstering any "no external manual safety" pistol while wearing the holster. This is one of those "Try it, you WILL like it" deals. leVieux

Last edited:

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    CJGarza,

Similar story for ms gamboolgal.
    She carried S&W J Frame for many years but did not really like the heavy trigger pull.
    Went to Sig P938 but never really liked it
    She went to the G-26 and that is what she carries and likes the best.

I have EDC'd the G-26 for years.
    Now we both carry the same gun - with all the obvious advantages.

She is comfortable on the G-19's also but prefers and carries her Baby Glock.

Thank God for them Texas Gals...
    dopqGNal.jpg

gamboolman...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    What makes you prefer the sig over the glock?

Great reputation of quality firearms for decades.
    Many gubment contracts for FBI, special forces, etc using Sig pistols
    Personal experience shooting Sigs
    Generally prefer metal guns
    A special forces guy once told me to buy Sigs over Glocks because "if you have to pistol whip some a-hole, that Glock could break."

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Nice acquisition.

I've been carrying a Glock 26 for many years. I prefer the Glock 19 and bought two Glock 19 Gen5 pistols recently only to find out there are some terrible design changes in the Gen5 Glock 19s. When I get the chance to sell them at a gun show in TX, they will be gone. Hoping to find a pair of new blue label Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock 19s at a Glock Blue Label dealer but have been told Glock has discontinued sending out Gen4 19s but will still manufacture Gen3s. Sooner or later, I hope my dealer will get two or at at least one and I am first on the gotta have it list of his. Then again, Ieven though I prefer the Glock 19, I'd settle for one or two new Blue Label Program Glock 26 Gen3s.

Top Bottom