• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    In the market for a pocket pistol/smaller gun. I'm loyal to the Glock 9mm platform. Already have a 17 and 19. Looking at either (or both) the 26 or 43. Save me the buy a 1911/m&p/xd type talk. Looking for a comparison or thoughts from anyone who has EDC'd either of these pistols. What holster options do you use?
    Target Sports

Last edited:

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    I think its the best of the single stack 9mms only from the standpoint of someone who has carried a g 19 for years, its a seamless transition, a little slimmer, a little smoother and lighter. Perfect CC gun.

I have carried 1911s, all 3 sizes and my g19. now want a single stack polymer 9mm for light weight and compact.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    In the market for a pocket pistol and loyal to the Glock 9mm platform. Already have a 17 and 19. Looking at either (or both) the 26 or 43. Save me the buy a 1911/m&p/xd type talk. Looking for a comparison or thoughts from anyone who has EDC'd either of these pistols.

I reckon you'll have some mag interchangeability if you go with the 26; BUT it's like a small brick compared to the mid-sized brick(19) or full-sized brick(17). I shot mine just fine and likely would still carry it had I not gone to SIG. I got to 'preview' the 43 before they were delivered to the stores...certainly one I would consider, especially as the prices have dropped with the increased availability. The 43 really does fit right in with the plethora of skinny 9s out there. I carry the P938 but also have the Ruger LC9s that compares to the 43(and the Shield and many others). I wouldn't have paid retail for the Ruger(near new, but used when I got it) nor would I have paid full-boat for the 43.

The 26 will feel very familiar(and can be made to feel almost like the other Glocks, gripwise). The 43 doesn't feel like the double-stacks at all, IMO...but, of course, that's what makes it 'better' for pocket carry. True pocket carry suggests the 43...simply a smaller carry piece vs the 19 means the 26 would be the more 'flexible' option.

How's that for not answering your question? :)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I cannot speak to the 43 but I have a 26 and I would not consider it a true pocket pistol. Maybe in the back pocket for a partial or if you have large cargo pockets but you will have some difficulty drawing the gun, or at least I do. Don't get me wrong I love my 26, it is one of my favorite shooters, so much I made a video about how accurate it is.
    I love my 26 with an inexpensive leather IWB, as it tucks in nice and fits low but I don't think you would like it for a true pocket pistol

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    You're a bigger guy than I am so your pockets should be correspondingly larger than mine. I pocket carry the Beretta Nano in slacks & shorts but can't in jeans due to their smaller, tighter pockets. I could easily see you carrying the 43 as it's only negligibly larger. IWB in jeans has been my go-to since purchased but have carried in a Don Hume pocket holster a handful of times with great results. Go 43, you can always carry a spare mag in your other pocket.

P.S. I love the Nano — trigger's not great even after a good polishing and cleaning, but has eaten steel, brass, cheap & +P offerings flawlessly. I expect Trijicon nighties in my stocking and it'll be the only thing I carry. Thanks to TreyG-20 for the smoking deal on a great little pistol.

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I've pocket carried my dads 27 and agree it's not optimum. I have some pants that this would work with. I'm glad I'm hearing these viewpoints. For those who do EDC the 26 or 43, how do you carry? What holster options etc?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I like the 43, because it conceals easily owb. I carry mine right around 3 o clock and it's super comfy, why sitting, driving, you name it. It's like it's not even there. I'm sure I could do it with a 26, but it would probably print. Also use a nemesis pocket holster and it's so small pretty much any Jean pocket is big enough. But 99% of the time I carry it owb in the c.h.a.m.p. There are probably better holsters out there that conceal even better, but I'm happy with it.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    No problem. Here is a pic of my 43 in the nemesis pocket holster. Imo one of the best pocket holsters due to its tackiness. I did some practice drawing and shooting from it at the range, about 50 rounds. It 100% drew out of the holster everytime, leaving the holster in my pocket. The holster did come up in the pocket but never came out and the gun upholstered everytime. I imagine it'd work even better wearing slacks.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I looked at the same comparison recently.

Since you already have 17 and a 19 I'd go with the 43. The 26 just isn't a big enough size difference from the 19, IMO.

FWIW, I decided to continue carrying a full size. And now after Paris I wish I could carry a rifle around. YMMV.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I like the 43, because it conceals easily owb. I carry mine right around 3 o clock and it's super comfy, why sitting, driving, you name it. It's like it's not even there. I'm sure I could do it with a 26, but it would probably print. Also use a nemesis pocket holster and it's so small pretty much any Jean pocket is big enough. But 99% of the time I carry it owb in the c.h.a.m.p. There are probably better holsters out there that conceal even better, but I'm happy with it.

That's a nice setup. Looks comfy.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Thanks MH. One thing not mentioned yet, is the G43 is a good shooting little gun. The reset is a little longer, but after a magazine you're used to it. I think it shoots a little better than the shield, but I'm a glock fan so maybe I'm a bit biased.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I carry a G26 Gen IV every day, IWB with a Nate squared holster. It's tuckable as well. I will agree that I need my pants 1 inch bigger in the waist in order to button my pants. However, I like the 10+1 capacity and the ability to throw in a G17 mag for a reload if I go through my primary 10 rd mag. I keep extra 17 rd mags in my backpack, truck, and around the house.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've had a 26 and it's nice but as said earlier, it's blocky! I've handled a 43 and like the way it feels a lot! If I was going to buy the type of gun you're wanting I think it would definitely be a 43. The 26 is an "inbetweener", IMO. The only thing I didn't really care for was I could only put two fingers on the grip. I'd have to have the extended mag). And the 26 isn't that much different, I'd still want a mag extension. I'd go with the 43. :green:

Top Bottom