• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Finally ordered it

Went and bought 250rds of Monarch Ammo. Comes in Wednesday since nobody in San Antonio had it for a reasonable price
    Guns International

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Well, they're $499 shipped on Gunbroker. Nagels wanted $589 (before tax), which I thought was a little high. I got it from Ho Guns for $589.99 out the door ($529 before tax). I figured I could wait a few days and spend the rest on 33rd magazines and ammo.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Well, they're $499 shipped on Gunbroker. Nagels wanted $589 (before tax), which I thought was a little high. I got it from Ho Guns for $589.99 out the door ($529 before tax). I figured I could wait a few days and spend the rest on 33rd magazines and ammo.

OUCH! I didn't really shop around when I got my G26 in the fall. Highest I found around Austin was $535 + tx...didn't notice any significantly lower in the next couple of months. I'm glad to have only factory and one +1 mag. I burn through ammo fast enough having to reload frequently...that 33 rnd mag would hurt me! :)

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio

Academy sells the G26 for 529 also.

Why would you want 33 rd mags in a G26?

I use both the DeSantis Cozy Partner (IWB) or the Galco Combat Master (OWB)

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Academy sells the G26 for 529 also.

Why would you want 33 rd mags in a G26?

I use both the DeSantis Cozy Partner (IWB) or the Galco Combat Master (OWB)

No Academy in SA had one, nor would any of them order one for me. Plenty of G27's in stock. I kind of regret not getting a G27 and buying the 9mm barrel for it. Oh well.

33rd mag looks fun at the range. I figure why not. They'll probably sell for a lot too if there is ever a magazine ban.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    IMG00399-20100121-1452.jpg

It's here! Beautiful and dirty. Gonna give it a good cleaning and hopefully put some rounds through it tomorrow. Also gotta stop by Bass Pro and pick up a holster.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Yeah, just read through the glock manual and it says to pretty much shoot it straight out of the box as far as the rails go. Might give the barrel a cleaning but it pretty much looks ready to go. Oh and for fun...

IMG00401-20100121-1842.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    something just doesn't look right with that little gun and that huge magazine. . . . But I like the gun.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Went to the range!

Ate 250 rounds flawlessly. The Glock 33rd Magazine shot everything great, but I had about 3 failure to loads with the knock off chinese 33rd magazine.

Gun has a a nice manageable kick, wasn't even tired after 250rds. This monarch ammo is so filthy...going to clean it off a bit then take it again tomorrow. This time i'm wearing my glasses the entire time. On the last few rounds some black powder got in my eye...took a long time to wash it out

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Cool, I never really found monarch to be much cheaper. . . and it doesn't always come in brass (I reload). Walmart has had a lot of $21 WWB and some $9.95 Federal 50/box.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Went to the range!

This monarch ammo is so filthy...going to clean it off a bit then take it again tomorrow. This time i'm wearing my glasses the entire time. On the last few rounds some black powder got in my eye...took a long time to wash it out

To paraphrase a wise man: 'You only need eye protection for the eyes you want to keep.'
    Eyes and ears, kids...eyes and ears.

Too many motorcycles and bicycles in my past NOT to wear eyes. Not to mention the occasional 9mm or 40cal casing smacking my glasses! Let's be careful out there!

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Cool, I never really found monarch to be much cheaper. . . and it doesn't always come in brass (I reload). Walmart has had a lot of $21 WWB and some $9.95 Federal 50/box.

Yeah, I didn't see any WWB at my local Walmart. Cleaned up the glock a bit and it was extremely dirty.

I will for sure wear some glasses tomorrow...I also had a shell land on my head lol.
    Also got a new IWB holster

IMG00405-20100123-2251.gif

Top Bottom