• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I saw a laser mounted on a glock that replaces the rear sight at a gun show. I was told they got it from the shot show this year for around 165. This is not the Laserlyte laser that looks like 2 tubes on top of the slide. Does anyone have any info on this laser and when it will be coming out?
    Target Sports

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Not sure. Unknown name brand = don't waste your time. Just FYI, the Laserlyte's are absolute trash. Almost all of the ones we've sold ended up being returned for repair because the laser breaks so easy if not adjusted according to the instructions. From what I heard from corporate, apparently Glock is severing their relationship with that company, which makes sense. As far as Glocks go, if you are wanting just a laser itself and not a flashlight/laser combo, the ONLY laser I would trust is a Crimson Trace laser grip. Supposedly the Lasermax guide rod laser works alright, though it replaces an internal component (generally not the greatest idea), and is much less instinctive to use compared to the laser grip.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    I have a Crimson Trace on my G23 and I love it! All except for the fact that im left handed and the light housing sticks out of the right side of the grip and it hits that bone at the base of my thumb. Its quite uncomfortable after shooting a few hundred rounds. Really wish they made on that is lefty friendly. I thought about selling it and getting the lasermax but didnt do to the reason stated above... changing out an internal part that isnt a Glock part. The lasermax also blins like a strobe light when on, instead of a pure beam.

Dont waste your cash on some no name trash. Gun shows are full of crap for us to impulse buy, then after a week you are kicking yourself in the tail.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The Crimson Trace grips work well, and they have released a new model that is lower in profile that may be better for lefties. It is the third version for Glocks, and apparently fits most holsters that the middle version would not clear.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    No its not the laserlyte one. Its a new company. I have seen a couple of them at the gun shows. It fits almost flush to the top of the slide and takes the place of both front and rear sights

Top Bottom