Glock no longer doing frame exchange/upgrade?

Tortuga

Oct 2, 2013
I called Glock today to find out if I'd be able to send my old frame in for a newer one & the customer service rep continually responded with "we don't sell frames". The rep stated this about 5 times and wasn't willing to discuss any options - is this a new policy? Have any of you guys run into this issue lately?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
Mar 23, 2011
Dallas
I was not aware that they did this to begin with.

Why are you wanting to get rid of a frame? If you've got an old Glock, I'll be more than happy to take it off of your hands. :)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jul 1, 2011
The frame is numbered to match the slide and barrel, why would they sell them separate?

Tortuga

Oct 2, 2013
There's nothing wrong with my frame, just wanted to know that I had options if I'd like to upgrade in the future.

Tortuga

Oct 2, 2013
I've got a couple, just wanted to know if I could send an old gen 2 back for a gen 3 frame upgrade. Model 19.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Frame Upgrade was $150. I did it years ago. I wish I had not. As others said, you get a Gxxxx SN which no longer matches, and as I found out, older frames command a good price. Just sell your old one and buy new.

eta

Here is the form, looks like it is only $100 now.

http://us.glock.com/documents/GLOCK Warranty.pdf

Last edited:

Tortuga

Oct 2, 2013
Good to know, I think I'll hold on to this one & just buy a new one to add to the family.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page

Lone Wolf Distributers offers frames made of different metals. Or they did anyways. That may be another option.

Top Bottom