Glock Torture test

gladi8r

Jun 5, 2008
Troy Tx
Its hard to beat a glock kinda upsets me about the hk I own the uspc 45 I think the guys at hk pro would call bs to that

idleprocess

Feb 29, 2008
DFW.com
I remember reading that some time ago. Absurd to beat the heck out of a pistol like that but impressive that it's still functional.

Springfield Armory allegedly has a "torture test" for the XD that's more rigorous than the standard Glock test.

Still - noone is going to subject a pistol to that kind of abuse in the real world...

Kerbouchard

Jun 18, 2008
Dallas
I remember reading that some time ago. Absurd to beat the heck out of a pistol like that but impressive that it's still functional.

Springfield Armory allegedly has a "torture test" for the XD that's more rigorous than the standard Glock test.

Still - noone is going to subject a pistol to that kind of abuse in the real world...
Springfield did not do the torture test, G&A Handgun Mag did the testing.
http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php
It was much more extreme than the Glock test, and one of the major differences is that Springfield told him to go to a gun store and buy one instead of how Glock sent a specific gun to be tested. Not saying Glock sent a 'special' Glock, but Springfield wanted to make sure it was a normal gun that anybody could buy.

And I agree with your sentiments...both are ridiculously reliable, and it is unlikely that any normal shooter will ever reach either Glock or XD's limitations.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member