• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Its hard to beat a glock kinda upsets me about the hk I own the uspc 45 I think the guys at hk pro would call bs to that

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I remember reading that some time ago. Absurd to beat the heck out of a pistol like that but impressive that it's still functional.

Springfield Armory allegedly has a "torture test" for the XD that's more rigorous than the standard Glock test.

Still - noone is going to subject a pistol to that kind of abuse in the real world...

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    I remember reading that some time ago. Absurd to beat the heck out of a pistol like that but impressive that it's still functional.

Springfield Armory allegedly has a "torture test" for the XD that's more rigorous than the standard Glock test.

Still - noone is going to subject a pistol to that kind of abuse in the real world...

Springfield did not do the torture test, G&A Handgun Mag did the testing.
    http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php
    It was much more extreme than the Glock test, and one of the major differences is that Springfield told him to go to a gun store and buy one instead of how Glock sent a specific gun to be tested. Not saying Glock sent a 'special' Glock, but Springfield wanted to make sure it was a normal gun that anybody could buy.

And I agree with your sentiments...both are ridiculously reliable, and it is unlikely that any normal shooter will ever reach either Glock or XD's limitations.

Top Bottom