• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I know I will be accused of 1911 heresy, but this is a serious question.

Has anyone out there put Glock type sights (dot front sight, with "U" bar rear) on their 1911?:ohnoes: I'm sure Glock calls their reat sight something more technical than "U" bar.

I was running dry fire drills alternating between the Glock and the 1911 and realized that Glock sights are much easier for my aging eyes to focus on and acquire more quickly the target in mind.

I currently have a Springfield Mil Spec 1911 with standard three dot sights (which are hard to see especially when trying to improve one's timing from draw to fire).

I've tried to search it out on the web, but to no avail. Any links would be appreciated.

Or, if rear sights are fairly standard in the industry, I could just purchase glock rear sights and install them on the 1911. Sorry for being so dumb to the subject!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Seriously though, I thought I remembered Caspian offering a 1911 slide made to accept them. Of course, you'd have to fit the slide then.

If the Google turns up nothing, then you might as well take your slide to a gunsmith and brave the funny looks. Do what works for you.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I have a custom built 1911 with Caspian slide and millet orange post and white outline.
    Shoot what works for you and ignore the hate.
    I shoot Glocks and s&w revolvers so it made sense for my 1911 to have the same sight. Besides I have a hard time trying to line up three circles.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I shoot Glocks and s&w revolvers so it made sense for my 1911 to have the same sight. Besides I have a hard time trying to line up three circles.

That is what I was finding! If I was better at the three dot, I'd change my Glock. I was surprised to find out how much quicker I could acquire and line-up the target using the Glock sights.

Mexian Hippie: I know it's 1911 heresy! I'll go to my 1911 priest and confess this out once we're all done! I'm hoping there is a modified from the Glock version that I can slide into the rear sight on my 1911 without having to go through all the fitting issues of something that doesn't fit.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You could always do the LaserLyte ......and maybe some Dremel-age
    LaserLyte-Rear-Sight-Laser-1911-Pistols.jpg

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Hey, that's gotthe "u", along with a whole 'nother set of tacti-cool!

I should just learn to point and shoot, screw sights

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom