• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX
    Would you shove a loaded and chambered glock into your waist band without a holster?

Seriously, in 24 years of LEO, i've never owned a glock.

deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX
    well, that's why i wanted to hear from some glock owners........

there are a few around here that flat plain argue it is safe. Personally, i don't....... but thought it best to hear from some more owners with hands on experience..

just an ole' dog seeing if he can learn some new tricks. I've owned revolvers and various da/sa weapons and 1911's, but never a glock. A glock is possibly on the list.......along with a few other choices.........

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    good old mexican carry. lol. they actually make a trigger guard to put around the gun so that you can carry it in the waist band and not worry about the trigger being touched. its like a little piece of kydex that slides over the trigger guard and has a string that attaches somewhere inside your pants. That way when you draw it from your waist band, the guard pops off and its ready to shoot.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Is carrying ANY gun in your pants, with no holster, a good idea? Doesn't really seem like it to me.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    good old mexican carry. lol. they actually make a trigger guard to put around the gun so that you can carry it in the waist band and not worry about the trigger being touched. its like a little piece of kydex that slides over the trigger guard and has a string that attaches somewhere inside your pants. That way when you draw it from your waist band, the guard pops off and its ready to shoot.

True, and I personally wouldn't use something like a "ClipDraw" (top photo) or even think about any form of unholstered carry, without one (Vanguard Trigger Guard Holster ... bottom photo). (Although I don't ever carry that way, because I much prefer a much more comfortable tuckable IWB holster.)
    http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=392&action=show_detail
    glockbelt..jpg
    The Malabar Front Vanguard Trigger Guard Holster
    VanGuard1..JPG

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is carrying ANY gun in your pants, with no holster, a good idea? Doesn't really seem like it to me.

Not saying it's a good idea, but the only gun I own that I carry without a holster is my Taurus TCP, & I only carry it at home in an empty pocket. Anything else goes in a holster, period.

deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX

agreed.....but it's not a perfect world. It happens. And has been a practice done occasionally by many for years. Be it an emergency or poor planning, it happens. I do not agree with the practice.........but will admit i've been guilty of it in emergencies with other weapons such as a ruger p90, sig 226, etc. It has nothing to do with hollywood antics, it has nothing to do with thugery. It is not standard procedure......it just happens...

The glock gives me extreme pause to consider such. Even though some folks champion the model as safe. Call it bad or poor habits. Just another point i'm considering.......

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Have I done it? Yes, not with a Glock (doesn't really matter what kind of gun).

Is it safe? Nope. I do it rarely, for very short periods of time, around the house. Like answering the door in my pajamas. I'll stick a kel-tec in the pocket or waistband.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have a cheap blackhawk pocket holster for my kel tec. I don't think it is the best, but it is better than nothing.

Top Bottom