• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    I saw the sponsor listed above, and it looks like a much cheaper alternative to replacing my sights with night sights, but thought I'd ask if anyone has actually tried it.
    ARJ Defense ad

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i got mine in the mail friday and applied a couple of coats yesterday to my springfield XD .40

i put it next to a light bulb to "charge it" and then took it in the closet - lit up pretty good actually

i think the downside is that the paint has to be "light charged" to glow

JRS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Austin
    Throw that stuff in a closet for 20 hours after charging it, then see if it glows. If successful, you could charge your sights in the morning, and after a day of holster carry, it'll still work.

I'm curious about this product too, as it makes for a cheap solution for pocket guns that don't have off-the-shelf night sights available.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    My bottle came in and I applied it to the white dot sights on a couple of pistols, after charging under a light they do glow, I don't know how long.
    going to cover that with clear fingernail polish if I can find any around here...Leads to the joke : Do you know why the Polock killed his wife ? He found a bottle of "polish remover" on her dresser !

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Was it easy to apply in a perfect circle? Messy?

the bottle it comes in is TINY - i didnt come equipped with small hands so i had to take special care not to knock it around

but the little applicator sticks make it pretty easy to apply the paint on the sights

Top Bottom