• ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Why should this get locked?
    Politics is back and W_R_R linked a video of Obama's Executive staff telling the public about his & their involvement in Fast & Furious before it was called F&F.

Legit thread IMO

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This isn't the politics section, it's gun legislation so keep the politics out of it.

Secondly, using such terms as "F'N Obama" is what got the politics section shut down in the first place. If people can't have a civil discussion on matters without resorting to name-calling, then it is pointless.

Lastly, in keeping with the topic and outside of anyone's political views, even if the President (no matter who it is) had knowledge of this or not, he/she is responsible for the actions of his/her cabinet and should be held accountable accordingly. I don't care if it is Obama, George W. Bush or Ronald Reagan, there should not be any allowance for invoking "executive privilege" on such a serious matter. Either accept responsibility for what elements in your administration did, or step down from your position.

Cheers! M2

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Good advice, I cleaned up my post.
    Did you keep the politics out of the gun legislation section?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I believe there is a difference between government and politics, I was focusing on the roles and responsibilities of those in office, regardless as to who they are, their beliefs or what party they belong to...

I will always respect the position of President of this great country whether I agree with the person who currently holds it or not. The latter would be my politics, and I don't feel the need to express my opinions concerning the individuals. No matter who it is, I will always offer them the respect their office deserves.

Cheers! M2

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Point(s) taken

Guess I'm just so pissed off at current occupant I have trouble separating the emotion

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Legislation section should be for discussing specific bills - agreed.

I get what you're saying about positions MM, but to be a little contrary and"nit-picky", the roles and responsibilities of an office or branch are politics. Otherwise we wouldn't have incessant debates about "what's constitutional."

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    In the news this week is the story about a Fast and Furious kind of sting that was successful...LEOs let the sale go down and tracked the guns from Houston all over the southwest and arrested the bad guys as they made the run for the border in San Ysidro. I do not see any attaboys going out for this...only the negative warrants attention from the right. Clearly this Fast and Furious crapola is just another round of Obama-hating rightist whining just to make noise in an election year when they have a pretty weak candidate and no political platform at all...except trying to buy the presidency. If it were not this issue, they would dig up something equally irrelevant to wave around trying to discredit the administration over anything and everything. I want to know what is the big deal anyway? Stings go bad all the time and brave law enforcement officers get killed. This administration did not start this kind of sting, the previous one did...only it did not go public and have a rabid out of control House going after him about it...and neither the Bush or Obama administrations are responsible for the death of Jaime Zapata...he knew the score...he was in a dangerous place at a dangerous time doing a dangerous job...and shit happened...just saying...

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Ibtl

5248.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    What is the next move when a democrat is boxed in a corner with no reasonable/rational explanation for what their party did?

And the #1 answer is .....

Blame Bush

Top Bottom