Hurley's Gold

Good, medium priced noise canceling headphones.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm looking for something under $100. I just want to not hear other noise.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    For under $100, I highly recommend getting some in the ear noise canceling headphones. I've tried out many different $40-60 electronic over the ear headphones and wasn't too impressed. In the ear ones already reduce much of the sound due to the physical restriction, so that extra little bit of electronic noise canceling makes things sound like a grave yard. ;) Sorry I don't have a specific recommendation on a brand.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have a very nice pair of Peltor muffs. They were over $100 and are stereo which is nice but unnecessary. It does help you locate the direction of a voice or sound. They sell a "hygene kit" which replaces all of the soft parts for about $12.00. The muffs are very thin and very comfortable. Problems? The microphone wind covers deteriorated and it looks like they are not included in the "hygene kits." You do NOT want to use these without the wind covers. The sound is deafening!

I also use the Harbor Freight units which can be bought on sale for about $20. They are mono, work very well in clamping noise but they hurt my ears when worn for a long time. The muff cups are either too shallow for my ears or my ears are too big.

Flash

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    For under $100, I highly recommend getting some in the ear noise canceling headphones. I've tried out many different $40-60 electronic over the ear headphones and wasn't too impressed. In the ear ones already reduce much of the sound due to the physical restriction, so that extra little bit of electronic noise canceling makes things sound like a grave yard. ;) Sorry I don't have a specific recommendation on a brand.

I had a nice pair that came with my computer. . . but it made a trip through the washing machine.

Top Bottom