• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Entertaining for sure, but "based on actual events" is a very loose connection!

Hollywood always takes a great deal of poetic license when making movies using that term, but I for one prefer those that try to stick close to the facts as they happened.

One of my favorites is Black Hawk Down. While there are some discrepancies from the actual events, I think Ridley Scott and Jerry Bruckheimer worked to make it as authentic as Hollywood would allow.

I thought 12 Strong was another good example, but I preferred Legion of Brothers which is a documentary on the ODA teams (595 and 574) the movie depicts.

Band of Brothers, while not a movie, is another example where a great deal of effort was made for authenticity.

However, I realize the primary purpose of these movies and shows is entertainment; which makes money.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The Highwaymen

I’ve watched that movie at least 5 times.

Entertaining for sure, but "based on actual events" is a very loose connection!

Hollywood always takes a great deal of poetic license when making movies using that term, but I for one prefer those that try to stick close to the facts as they happened.

One of my favorites is Black Hawk Down. While there are some discrepancies from the actual events, I think Ridley Scott and Jerry Bruckheimer worked to make it as authentic as Hollywood would allow.

I thought 12 Strong was another good example, but I preferred Legion of Brothers which is a documentary on the ODA teams (595 and 574) the movie depicts.

Band of Brothers, while not a movie, is another example where a great deal of effort was made for authenticity.

However, I realize the primary purpose of these movies and shows is entertainment; which makes money.

Ungentlemanly warfare is also a Bruckheimer film.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A few decades ago when I got a vasectomy we rented a bunch of movies. Apollo 13 was one of them. I laid around all weekend watching movies and taking pain pills. The pills made me sleepy.

A few months later we were at Blockbuster and I saw Apollo 13.

“Hey, I’ve been waiting to watch this!”

“Noooo!!” She said. Apparently every time I put that one on I fell asleep due to the pain pills. She watched / listened to it 4 times.

I had to wait till she was gone one weekend to watch it.

Top Bottom