• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I don't think there is enough information to decide whether it was good or not. Was the man also investigating the alarm, fearing for the safety of the woman, and were the officers shining lights toward him, which may have disoriented him? Was he the one who was breaking in, gun in hand?

Just not enough info.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What orders were issued? How were they issued? Was he given time to comply? Was he given time to comply even if he was deaf? Was he given orders a deaf person could understand? Was he given orders that a non-English-speaker could understand?

No one can answer the question implied by the thread title until a lot of other questions get answered, first, in the course of the follow-up investigation.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Not enough info. Either way, the good shoot/bad shoot decision will be up to the locals. A GG is dead, therefore someone made a mistake. From what I read (I'm not a LEO) there are almost always multiple factors involved. IMHO the incident is some food for thought. When formulating an amergency plan, I can imagine that the first LEO's might have their adrenaline pumping and can't really have an accurate assessment of the situation with just an alarm or 911 call (which, I'm guessing, is usually made by someone under a great deal of stress and is barely inteligible).
    Prayers lifted for the victim, as well as the cops. I surely wouldn't want to trade places with them right now.

caleb7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    This isn't the first thread about this. Another article posted said that both of the LEO's who answered the call were rookies still in their first year, that they didn't have their lights or sirens on because they wanted to surprise whoever they were after, and that there is conflict in report as to whether they clearly identified themselves as officers before opening fire.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Bottom